Treasure of Paradise Revisited

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
researcher only at this point
Primary Interest:
Other
Two years ago or so I posted how Jerry Strickland (this last name is made up as the real last name is unknown at this time) of Paradise, Calif. had buried as much as half billion dollars in gold and cash on his ten acre spread. This wealth came from his working for the CIA as a hired hand during the Iran-Contra period in US history (mid 1980's). He owned aircraft and assisted the spooks in delivering weapons to the Contras of Nicaragua and was paid by CIA for his services and also (knowingly or otherwise) transported large amounts of cocaine back to Edwards AFB with impunity. He then sold the drugs possibly to a large San Fransisco based group who then supplied Los Angeles based drug dealers (such as Freeway Ricky Ross and others). This huge amount of dope is alleged to have fueled the crack epidemic which came back to bite the CIA on the ass. I learned of the Jerry Strickland story when I spent five years at Lompoc Federal Prison Camp in 2009 (for growing some weed in Arkansas) with an old pot dealer/smuggler I had met there who we called 'Lencho.' This guy wanted his bio written and he hired me to do so. At any rate, without going on and on Lencho and I got into a beef over how his book should be promoted etc and the upshot is it didn't get much promoting and now sits among the millions of similar litterary efforts by the millions of would be 'best selling authors' at Amazon. And also Paradise, Calif. burned to the ground from one end to the other in late 2018, killing over sixty and leaving nothing but ash. And that included the site of the Treasure of Paradise. If anyone is interested in finding a possible half billion in gold and cash, they might search the area around the Paradise Air Park where Jerry once lived with his planes and helicopter. I had planned to journey from my home in Little Rock to Paradise and narrow the search but then came the fire. If its still in the ground it would most likely be intact. I am not searching for the treasure per se but I believe in the story and would like to see someone out there find it. For two years I had a Go Daddy webpage called ??8??|??app???????? but after the fire I took it down. Over three thousand visited the page. If anyone is curious or interested, email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to fill you in further.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
From your post the book is on Amazon, what is the name of it? It might help to get folks interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread