More lost /found/lost desert ship story"s at the below web page

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
More lost /found/lost desert ship story"s at the below web page

Since I live in so.cal.,like others,I to have a lot of interest in these storys.

http://www.greatgodpan.com/2004/06/the_mysterious_lost_ship_of_th.htm

Possible a lot of this web page imformation has already been hashed out in previous posts. Never the less,it still makes a good read on a lazy day. I to plan to pick a possible location and do a search in the future. For sure I believe their is their is probaly a least 5 ships that have been stranded and buried by sand overtime ,a couple Vikeing,the rest Spanish.
I believe at least 1 Spanish ship carried gold and silver bullion.

Attachments

• DSC00305.JPG
    DSC00305.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,553

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: More lost /found/lost desert ship story"s at the below web page

check california/pearl ship and get ready to read a TON of stuff. It's one of my favorites. BTW what magazine is the foto from. I mean what is the name, year, and month of the magazine ??

Thankx
Pll

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007

PII-

Book-Thunder Gods Gold

Published- June1945-Tortilla Flat ,Arizona,1st printing,Treasure Trail Edition

Author-Barry Storm

Photo-Page-6

Their is no written referance to the photo in the book. Just the photo colodged together with another photo. Barry Storm was a bit of a eccentric in the way he writes and shows photos in his books.

I believe he was a adviser on the western movie,, Mcannias Gold{Arizona Super.MTS.}

If you can locate a copy of this book, you struck gold

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007

PLL.....................................

Good find, looks like Barry Storm published that follow up volume 8 years after the original I have.No telling if the 1953 volume has same imformation,or Storm added and deleted other new imformation. Wonder why the seller did not post a photo ? Mine came with a detached foldout map,wonder if that volume does also. I'm not buying, goodluck in your searches.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

can you post a copy of the map ???

PLL

OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007

:icon_study: :coffee2:,sorry no,the map is like a overlay of the Superstitions showing various mounument locations with compass ,degree,date ,and time {clock} imformation. Their probably are not to many maps like this made. If I am able to ever visit the Supers., I will use it to try and locate at least 2 monuments that interest me on the map. I believe Barry Storm made this map,because he somehow got ripped off for some mineing rights in the Superstitions in the early 1940"s.
:icon_pirat:

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey gang,
Ok, I just bought Storm's book complete with maps, I should get it in a couple of weeks. It wasn't that expensive ( about $45 ), I've paid more for some " rare " books. I bought a old government survey pamphlet from the early 20's for $ 75 ( they wanted $ 100 ) and was REAL glad I did. It has ALL the roads through the desert way back when, with mile points etc. It rather a cool book because, back then there were little or no paved roads there. On some of the roads the book even points out where the old miners cabins were. It has 3 very old and brittle maps that require care.. and of course they get it too.... Anyway have fun

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread