Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey warsaw,
Those were some really cool stories, I have heard of some of them and it was good to hear them again. Joaquin Murrieta was " one " of several men that Zorro was based on. The other was Tiburcio Vasquez. Joaquin's LT the 3-fingered Jack is " supposedly " buried at the Pioneers cemetery in San Bernardino. I might drop some stories from the career's of these two to read....

PLL

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Treasure-Tales, "debunk" a treasure legend? How could you be so close-minded and a kill-joy? Afterall, my great-aunt Bertha told me for sure that she knew someone, who knew someone, who knew someone, who knew that a treasure was "certainly" buried on such & such place! Tsk Tsk!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Interesting post....searching the old newspapers...found articles on many of these....are they true? Don't know...but I have to get ready for work and I can post some articles if you like later tonight.

I did search Cow Creek....it is a place...the article I found, this creek ran through someone's land and how after a storm, rocks the size of jeeps were moved and it was then a nice fly fishing spot....

The Lost Cabin Mine....several articles. But it appears there are different Lost Cabin Mines, if I am reading these articles correctly....go figure.

I'll do some more tonight .... and if you want me to post the articles... just say so and I will do so tonight...

In the meantime, have a wonderful day!!!
Annmarie

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Re: Lost Gold/Re:Vasquez Rocks

I have hunted vasquez rocks several times years ago, it is a interesting location, 14 fwy cuts right through it, heard a story construction road workers made a find while useing a backhoe,park rangers are friendly,never said dont use your metal dector. Next to the Park ranger office is a old Vasquez hideout cabin. Very rocky,and a lot of climbing up and down,a tough place to dectect. Further down , miles North toward Edwards AFB, is a fenced off ghost town,forget the name. I hunted the mountain side behind it, found a small siver stash and some rusted relics.
HH

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
TreasureTales said:
Ron and Ann said:
Interesting post....searching the old newspapers...found articles on many of these....are they true? Don't know...but I have to get ready for work and I can post some articles if you like later tonight.

I did search Cow Creek....it is a place...the article I found, this creek ran through someone's land and how after a storm, rocks the size of jeeps were moved and it was then a nice fly fishing spot....

The Lost Cabin Mine....several articles. But it appears there are different Lost Cabin Mines, if I am reading these articles correctly....go figure.

I'll do some more tonight .... and if you want me to post the articles... just say so and I will do so tonight...

In the meantime, have a wonderful day!!!
Annmarie

Just curious, why would you research the exact same legends I already debunked?

I just wanted to see if anything would show up in the newspaper archives ..... and the only thing I found was the Cow Creek that ran through someones property. I was trying to research the LOST DONKEY MINE and could not find anything, which was in Cow Creek. And for the Lost Cabin Mine...there were several articles, nothing concrete....just stories. Some claimed in different areas, like Utah, California and a couple of other states I can't remember off hand. According to the newspaper archives, there appears to be more than one Lost Cabin Mine.

Reading the list on that website at the bottom of the page, I found articles that claimed they were in Oregon, not in California. Also, there are several other Cow Creeks in the US, not just in California...I found that interesting.

I just love researching ... that's just me.... but I was researching the list until I had to leave for work, but haven't done anything tonight, as I had some friends who lost their home in tornado's that hit Suffolk tonight.....which I only found out about an hour ago. I did not think they were in the path :(.

I did not mean to upset you in anyway....if I did and for that I apologize....but researching is what I love to do....

Have a great night,
Annmarie

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
There are Lost Cabin mines in just about every state, and some states have several. Cow Creek is a pretty common name, as are Wolf and Coyote creeks. One in every county, it seems like sometimes, LOL!

Annemarie, if you're up for some research I got one for ya. Try the Two Frenchmen mine in Lane or Douglas county, Oregon.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Jeffro said:
There are Lost Cabin mines in just about every state, and some states have several. Cow Creek is a pretty common name, as are Wolf and Coyote creeks. One in every county, it seems like sometimes, LOL!

Annemarie, if you're up for some research I got one for ya. Try the Two Frenchmen mine in Lane or Douglas county, Oregon.

Jeffro....here's some pages about the LOST FRENCHMEN MINE. The first article from the 1942 Desert Magazine talks of it being in Yuma, Arizona. On the right side of this link...you will see "Docs Related to 'frenchmen mine in oregon' "..these are other issues pertaining to the Lost Frenchmen Mine.

My newspaper archive search is yielding no finds...not as Lost Frenchmen Mine anyways....haven't found the right keyword yet to locate anything.

Here's the link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/2096643/194210DesertMagazine1942October

Hope this helps.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Ron and Ann said:
Jeffro said:

Jeffro....here's some pages about the LOST FRENCHMEN MINE. The first article from the 1942 Desert Magazine talks of it being in Yuma, Arizona. On the right side of this link...you will see "Docs Related to 'frenchmen mine in oregon' "..these are other issues pertaining to the Lost Frenchmen Mine.

My newspaper archive search is yielding no finds...not as Lost Frenchmen Mine anyways....haven't found the right keyword yet to locate anything.

Here's the link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/2096643/194210DesertMagazine1942October

Hope this helps.

Thanks Annemarie- it is sometimes referred to as the "Lost Two Frenchmen mine" as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions