OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Just type Lost treasure Colorado in Amazon. Then type the title here and I can tell you if it is any good. There are some lemons to avoid out there. Some folks are making books from Penfield's stuff and the reveiws are calling them on it. Folks want fairly accurate stuff and not repeats of past authors words. I myself might get around someday to doing books on Colorado,.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Course any books you get you have to research their info. I know for a fact one title you posted is suspected of being creative writing around historical facts.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure tales of the Rockies by Eberhart and Golden treasures of the San Juan seem to be better ones of what is out there. Then I think Penfield did one that I never bought yet.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Pulitzer books are crap same old stories and according to reviews many blank pages for note taking. Vissers books another to avoid 88 pages for $24.95 and it's Penfield's work.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might like "Postmarks and places" by Harlan it is a great early San Luis Valley history book with a few tales and lots of history along the Santa Fe trails.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
But don't get me wrong some authors put some efforts into their books. Saddly the effort of some was just getting it up on Amazon and Kindle with formatting and cover design. Other folks into Colorado will most likely also let you know what they think is best for this state.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
If I was to do a book on this state, I would want to have material folks have not seen in a while, I found a little something in my files and I will see about getting it on here. Discovered while researching another state. colorado 1.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
You might like "Postmarks and places" by Harlan it is a great early San Luis Valley history book with a few tales and lots of history along the Santa Fe trails.

Thanks for adding a title to the available list for those interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread