Spanish Princess treasure
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By RGINN
  • 3 Post By RGINN
  • 2 Post By RGINN
  • 2 Post By RGINN
  • 1 Post By RGINN
  • 1 Post By cyzak
  • 1 Post By glcanon

Thread: Spanish Princess treasure

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    8185 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Spanish Princess treasure

This is supposed to be a map published in 1937 in the Salida Record with directions to buried Spanish treasure. Probably everybody has already seen it, but I was doing some research on Thomas A. Summers, a guy who spent a lot of time looking around the Chalk Cliffs at Mt. Princeton for a treasure, and first time I came across it. One researcher thought maybe the cross was formed by Browns Creek and another canyon on the Arkansas River, and 'Agua Blanca' was Chalk Creek, but who knows? Only useful thing I did find out, I always thought the face of the Spanish Princess was probably a sun sign, only revealed at a particular time of year and time of day. Summers said the signs on the Chalk Cliffs (more than one) were moon signs, and you had to be there when the moon shone just right on the cliffs to see them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-1aa.jpg 
Views:	688 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	1544864  
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    8185 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Name:  2-6bb.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  35.1 KBFrom the Salida Record.
    cyzak, LUE-Hawn and embrym like this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    8185 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-6aa.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	1547087Don't think I got the whole article in this.
    embrym and cyzak like this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    8185 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Name:	2-6dd.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	1547088Another part of an article.
    embrym and cyzak like this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    8185 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Name:	2-7aa.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	1547525Jose Garcia...... I'm havin trouble getting all the article to upload, but you get the idea.
    cyzak likes this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,Noggin,Do the math.
    2393 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RGINN View Post
    This is supposed to be a map published in 1937 in the Salida Record with directions to buried Spanish treasure. Probably everybody has already seen it, but I was doing some research on Thomas A. Summers, a guy who spent a lot of time looking around the Chalk Cliffs at Mt. Princeton for a treasure, and first time I came across it. One researcher thought maybe the cross was formed by Browns Creek and another canyon on the Arkansas River, and 'Agua Blanca' was Chalk Creek, but who knows? Only useful thing I did find out, I always thought the face of the Spanish Princess was probably a sun sign, only revealed at a particular time of year and time of day. Summers said the signs on the Chalk Cliffs (more than one) were moon signs, and you had to be there when the moon shone just right on the cliffs to see them.
    Have you done any more research on this.
    Dirt1955 likes this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like humanity. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

Jul 2020
    1 times
    From the OCT 8, 1912 Salida Register:
    --------------------
    SPANISH TREASURE LOCATED NEAR SALIDA
    Thomas Summers, of Nathrop, Who Has Prospected In the Hills of Chaffee County For More Than Thirty Years, Thinks There Is. Is there a Spanish treasure buried In the mountains somewhere near Saiida? Certain prospectors in this vicinity are of the opinion that there is. Indeed, Thomas Summers of Nathrop, who has prospected the hills in Chaffee county for more than thirty years, states that he can lay hands upon this treasure within three month’s time. And he offers to go into partnership with any man who will furnish him with sufficient “grubstake” to last during the expedition. The treasure is said to be composed of vast numbers of precious stones and many bags of gold. The persistence and seriousness of Summers in appealing his case has of late caused people to the matter serious thought. Summers has been trying to locate the treasure for two years, and has found certain charts and sketches which locate the exact spot. When the time came for him to go forth on his expedition, deeds to property prevented his working the land. “The deeds must first be bought, and I have no money,” he states. “I will form a company with any one, and will go halves with the treasure. All I need is money enough to buy these deeds.” The one point made by Summers, which has caused several of his friends to take notice, is the claim that charts have been found. It is known that he had shown charts to a few of his intimate friends. In these maps there Is mention of a mauntain bearing a human face. When translated from the Spanish, the description reads: “Measuremet is taken from the face of the Spanish princess, which is a face in this mountain, resembling the countenance of the beautiful royal highness.” , To the few people whom he has taken into his confidence, Summers is known to have secretly shown a picture, recently photographed of a human face carved in the rocks. The face he himself claims to have photographed while prospecting near the base of Mount Princeton,, fourteen miles northwest of Saiida. A tradition, once current among pros pectora throughout this section, but still told occasionally by miners who located here years ago, relates of the burying of a large treasure by a band of Spaniards who came to this state over two hundred years ago.
    RGINN likes this.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    8185 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Came back to see what I posted and see you've been here and seen the map, glcanon. As I understood it, that was supposed to be Jose Garcia's map. The article is from the Salida Register, so you can see the rest of it there. You know if that's the Arkansas it kinda fits for the river running north and south in that area. I thought the Spanish was a little too well written, and thought maybe if it was ancient why they would have used the mile measurement. I guess I know it is as old as the date it was published.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Sponsored Links