CT beaches that yield old coins or cobbs?

doubloonhunter

Jul 1, 2005
CT/FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur minelab .. Etrac on order... Minelab safari back up
has anyone ever heard of any beaches that after erosion yield old coins? I hit penfield reef today in FFLD ct. Massive beach erosion, nothing old though.....any info posted is welcomed.. i did hear rumors about pilot island out in eastern CT shoreline yielding some old coins.. thanks alot of stories and rumors hard to pin down whats real and not

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stratford beaches

has anyone ever heard of any beaches that after erosion yield old coins? I hit penfield reef today in FFLD ct. Massive beach erosion, nothing old though.....any info posted is welcomed.. i did hear rumors about pilot island out in eastern CT shoreline yielding some old coins.. thanks alot of stories and rumors hard to pin down whats real and not
I live in Stratford and always looking for people to search parks and beaches in and around Stratford. I am retired and have a lot of time on my hands. No car but have a detector.

Ctwilly49

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired from Sikorsky last Year, live in Thomaston. Always liked items from the past, things that someone lost a long time ago and have sat for Years waiting to be discovered. I started reading everything I could about Metal Detecting. Borrowed a MD from a Friend ( Basically a Toy ) but used it anyway and it worked! So now I want to buy a $ 300-400 Machine and go out and hunt! Fixed income sucks and I can't just pull$ out of my Butt, so I'm gonna have to sell something and empty out my Piggy Bank, but I'll have one! Thinking Fisher F2 w 3 Coil Pkg? I think this would be a easy to use starter Setup. I have a car and no Detector! I'll continue to post in Ct Section. Later, John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Stratford, and seeking friends to search for single coins, jewel and for buried treasures. I have a detector, but, no car.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are MANY beach hunters in Connecticut, up and down the coast. We stay on Silver Beach in Milford, near Silver Sands Park, quite often. The NorEasters, out of Stamford come to mind immediately noreasters Check them out! :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread