North Georgia

stites0518

Aug 14, 2011
I'm new to the website. I live in the north ga mountains of Union County. I wanted to share some stories I've heard. North GA was a major indian territory before the indian removal. Also, some of the purest gold in the world was found here.

Cutcane area in Fannin County

This was told to us by a friend. His grandpa told him. The grandpa was friends with an indian back in the late 1800s. One day the indian told the grandpa that he wanted to show him something. So he blindfolded the grandpa and led him for over 2 hours. When the blindfold was taken off, they were standing in a cave. In the back of the cave was stacks of gold. It belonged to the indian tribe. The grandpa was allowed to take one bar of gold because of all he had done for the indian. This happened in the Cutcane Rd area near Mineral Bluff in Fannin county. I know where a cave is there but you have to crawl through a dirt hole to get inside. I didn't go inside. Too scared. Not sure if it's the one, or how big it is.

Hidden Indian Gold in the Cohutta Wilderness

An indian lookout spotted a large indian war party heading in his tribe's direction. They knew they could not fight them. Quickly, they buried their gold in layers of dirt rocks and logs. They were gone by the time the war party got to them. Years ago somebody almost found it. He dug through the various layers that he knew that consisted with the story.He died before he ever got to it. It's in the Jacks River Falls area in the Cohutta Wilderness.

Nantahala Gold

This was told to me by an indian who I transported to doctor appointments. He was told it by his grandfather. His grandfather escaped from the Trail of Tears as it was going through the Nantahala Gorge area in NC. That's where his tribe was from. His tribe had a hidden goldmine. Through the years he would get gold out of the mine and take it to buy supplies. He never worked a day in his life. He lived off the gold. He only told his grandson (my patient) where it was. I could never get him to tell me where. It's somwhere in the Nantahala Gorge past Andrews NC. Those are some steep ridges. My patient died a few years ago.

Caves I've Seen

I found a cave in Cades Cove that you get to by hiking a little ways into the woods. I have a pic of the entrance. I didn't try going in because I was afraid there might be bears. It looked pretty big. Could be hidden artifacts or something inside. Didn't look like anybody had ever been inside. I found it while hiking with my husband.

We took a dirt road once that was on the Blue Ridge Parkway just above Cherokee NC. We came out on a backroad inside the Indian Reservation. Looking backwards past a small waterfall, I saw a cave entrance. Don't know anything else about it.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Hello from Habersham County! I am pretty close to Blairsville.

If you ever want to hook up and go looking for some of this stuff I'll gladly go. I'm not afraid to crawl into that hole in Fannin County, but I would rather do it in the summer because I wouldn't want to crawl into a den of rattlesnakes.

Welcome to T-Net BTW!

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Fannin co. and welcome to Tnet

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I'm new to the website. I live in the north ga mountains of Union County. I wanted to share some stories I've heard. North GA was a major indian territory before the indian removal. Also, some of the purest gold in the world was found here.

Cutcane area in Fannin County

This was told to us by a friend. His grandpa told him. The grandpa was friends with an indian back in the late 1800s. One day the indian told the grandpa that he wanted to show him something. So he blindfolded the grandpa and led him for over 2 hours. When the blindfold was taken off, they were standing in a cave. In the back of the cave was stacks of gold. It belonged to the indian tribe. The grandpa was allowed to take one bar of gold because of all he had done for the indian. This happened in the Cutcane Rd area near Mineral Bluff in Fannin county. I know where a cave is there but you have to crawl through a dirt hole to get inside. I didn't go inside. Too scared. Not sure if it's the one, or how big it is.

Hidden Indian Gold in the Cohutta Wilderness

An indian lookout spotted a large indian war party heading in his tribe's direction. They knew they could not fight them. Quickly, they buried their gold in layers of dirt rocks and logs. They were gone by the time the war party got to them. Years ago somebody almost found it. He dug through the various layers that he knew that consisted with the story.He died before he ever got to it. It's in the Jacks River Falls area in the Cohutta Wilderness.

Nantahala Gold

This was told to me by an indian who I transported to doctor appointments. He was told it by his grandfather. His grandfather escaped from the Trail of Tears as it was going through the Nantahala Gorge area in NC. That's where his tribe was from. His tribe had a hidden goldmine. Through the years he would get gold out of the mine and take it to buy supplies. He never worked a day in his life. He lived off the gold. He only told his grandson (my patient) where it was. I could never get him to tell me where. It's somwhere in the Nantahala Gorge past Andrews NC. Those are some steep ridges. My patient died a few years ago.

Caves I've Seen

I found a cave in Cades Cove that you get to by hiking a little ways into the woods. I have a pic of the entrance. I didn't try going in because I was afraid there might be bears. It looked pretty big. Could be hidden artifacts or something inside. Didn't look like anybody had ever been inside. I found it while hiking with my husband.

We took a dirt road once that was on the Blue Ridge Parkway just above Cherokee NC. We came out on a backroad inside the Indian Reservation. Looking backwards past a small waterfall, I saw a cave entrance. Don't know anything else about it.

LOVE the Nantahala River in NC, near the REZ; was there years, ago. GREAT "White Rapids", AND! Sometimes caves are under waterfalls on the rivers, creeks... check 'em out! HH! Good Luck!

Rhino10909

Jun 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is OLD and also a long shot. I'm wanting to go into the cave you found. I've been doing some spelunking around my area and am ready for some different terrain. If this is it, that makes us both very wealthy people! I could finally start my non profit organization I've been trying to start for veterans having problems with PTSD.

I served 8 years in the marines and really wouldn't mind going in there if you know the location. I was about to drive to Jacks River Falls and explore out there. I hear it's beautiful! are these stories true do you think? Buried gold bars 8 FT long?! That's CRAZY. I'd for sure mark that on a gps and not lose it again!

Send me a message of you'd like

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread