Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dalton, here.........Looking for a cave or two up on rocky face mnt.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else closer?

dven55

Greenie
May 10, 2013
Marietta, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Will be an At pro!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marietta, GA...would be interested in river/stream/hunting...not afraid of caves also.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of one cave that is rite above a creek. It has a big opening and looks interesting.

TDWay

Jun 4, 2011
I'd be interested in doing some cave or old mine exploration, I have climbing equip for safety perp.

claybert

Nov 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Canton.. Interested in exploring for gold and artifacts.

Apr 8, 2018
Dahlonega, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live 10 miles from the first major US gold rush (Dahlonega). The past 5 years, I’ve been fascinated by the history and the exploring of 1800-1900 gold/silver mines. In my reasearch and then going out to try to physically find them, I have found about 10-15 completely abanadoned mines. Many with the original cabins/buildings and/or equipment (stamp mill) still standing. Many of the minds I’ve found go deep into the mountain while some go up the mountain. It’s very interesting! It’s like walking through history. I have a lot of knowledge about the mines I’ve found and other history relating to a lot of this through the deep research I do. I am more than happy to share my findings (must be kept secret) with fellow history buffs, folks with gold fever or people that don’t mind crawling into a dirty old mine and getting dirty. Lol. Most are easy access, although some have a tight squeeze because they were baricded when they closed the mines. However, over the years, people like myself have tracks these spots down and dig small entrances that once you’re through, open up into huge adits. I also do a lot of metal detecting.
Let me know if you’re interested! I would love to learn more about the tales of hidden treasures in this area, also.
Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread