McIntosh Reserve Treasure solved!!! ($400,000.00 FV in GOLD Coins)

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several Books give accounts of the $400,000.00 in US Gold Coins given to Chief McIntosh when he signed the Indians Springs treaty in 1825. This treaty gave some of the Ga. lands of the Creek Indians to the United states or to the State of Ga. Other Indians where so mad at him that one nite they set fire to the out buildings at his homesite near Whitesburg Ga. to lite up the area so that they could see him run out of his house, which he did, and then they killed and scalped him. His grave is nearby the site he fell. Well, stories go that, that nite they could not find the Gold, No one Ever found it, and no trace of any one with extra Gold ever surfaced in that area. So the whole county side was convinced that the Gold was un accounted for, as do the authors of several books. Many people have looked long ago and lately and maybe some will still search for it in the future. A creek nearby his home is even named Keg Creek after the Keg that the Coins were buried in. The Treaty was signed about 100 miles to the east of his Home, at Indians Springs Ga. Maybe he buried it on the way home... or near the creek.... or maybe in his barn...? I would not be surprised that some gold is buried near where his house was,some of his own extra money, but it is now a State or Federal Park, and you know what that means. Besides the $400,000.00 in US gold coins, he was to be able to keep his land, one square mile, now known as the McIntosh Reserve. Well, I recently read the Treaty ,It states $400,000.00 in Gold Coin!!! BUT further down in the Treaty it states that the payment will be $200,000.00 at a later date, then $100,000.00 a year later and then $50,000.00 for the next 2 years after that. But when they killed McIntosh, the Untied States rejected the Treaty. (A new one was made with other Chiefs)SO He Never received the $400,000.00 in US gold coin that many have searched for, as Have I.(Several hours of research and a visit to his place on a recent trip that took me close by) Thats it in a nutshell. There are dozens of other things of interest around this true story that I have not mentioned. You can search McIntosh Reserve or Indian Spring Treaty or Trail of Tears for more info.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
amazing how much time, effort and money a small bit of good research can save -- that way you can look for "real treasure" that does in fact "exist"-- I am a big fan of get to really "know" subject of your hunt from the starting point and finding proof that it in fact "exist"-- this tale is a prime sample of a "old tale" that has some "fact" he was too get the money thats true but never did the payment dates in the treaty show it once you put the "dates" in their proper times -- if you wanted to go deer hunting-- the first thing you'ld want to learn is there any deer living in the area right? -- the same goes for treasure. --- Ivan

drivermonster

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ghost of McIntosh

I'm not sure how many of you will see this since its been some time since this was posted. I used to live in Whitesburg, Ga for over four years just down the street from McIntosh Reserve. I lived in a cool barn transformed into a home next to a small lake and creek. We used to get eerie feelings about the stairs that led to the second level but nothing happened until one night my ten year old niece fell down the stairs. We asked if her if she slipped but she said someone pushed her. We didn't really believe her but swears to this day that's what happened. My other niece who was about four or five years old at the time came over and was staring up the stairs. She wouldn't take her eyes off and even started to talk. We asked her who she was talking to and she said a man. We humored her and asked his name. She said McIntosh. She would have never heard this name (even with McIntosh Reserve being down the street) because they live a good distance away and was their first time at the house. So it started to make sense that my other niece had been pushed down the stairs and that we always had a weird feeling about the stairs. Also, the people who had previously lived in the house were taking pics by the creek behind the house and a Native American man showed up in one of the pics. It could have been McIntosh. This could have been the land where his camp was or where he was caught and killed.

Several Books give accounts of the $400,000.00 in US Gold Coins given to Chief McIntosh when he signed the Indians Springs treaty in 1825. This treaty gave some of the Ga. lands of the Creek Indians to the United states or to the State of Ga. Other Indians where so mad at him that one nite they set fire to the out buildings at his homesite near Whitesburg Ga. to lite up the area so that they could see him run out of his house, which he did, and then they killed and scalped him. His grave is nearby the site he fell. Well, stories go that, that nite they could not find the Gold, No one Ever found it, and no trace of any one with extra Gold ever surfaced in that area. So the whole county side was convinced that the Gold was un accounted for, as do the authors of several books. Many people have looked long ago and lately and maybe some will still search for it in the future. A creek nearby his home is even named Keg Creek after the Keg that the Coins were buried in. The Treaty was signed about 100 miles to the east of his Home, at Indians Springs Ga. Maybe he buried it on the way home... or near the creek.... or maybe in his barn...? I would not be surprised that some gold is buried near where his house was,some of his own extra money, but it is now a State or Federal Park, and you know what that means. Besides the $400,000.00 in US gold coins, he was to be able to keep his land, one square mile, now known as the McIntosh Reserve. Well, I recently read the Treaty ,It states $400,000.00 in Gold Coin!!! BUT further down in the Treaty it states that the payment will be $200,000.00 at a later date, then $100,000.00 a year later and then $50,000.00 for the next 2 years after that. But when they killed McIntosh, the Untied States rejected the Treaty. (A new one was made with other Chiefs)SO He Never received the $400,000.00 in US gold coin that many have searched for, as Have I.(Several hours of research and a visit to his place on a recent trip that took me close by) Thats it in a nutshell. There are dozens of other things of interest around this true story that I have not mentioned. You can search McIntosh Reserve or Indian Spring Treaty or Trail of Tears for more info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions