jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wichita eagle. (Wichita, Kan.), 12 Aug. 1888.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg

Wichita eagle. (Wichita, Kan.) 1886-1890, August 12, 1888, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff. Is it just me, or does this sound like the same legend of the black man that was guided by a spirit to find 7.5 bushels of gold? Nobody could speak or use tobacco, and were told to pray. Sounds like the part of the story where the negro had his bible out and flipped to a certain page. Also, the story hints towards a compass as the device, but I think it is an pendulum or "gold finder". Do you think the stories could be related? Or possibly mixed up with each other and miscommunicated?

You know, it's funny. I saw some of these pendulums selling for like $300 and I thought to myself there is no way that would find gold. I also thought the same thing about dowsing rods. I tried dowsing rods (homemade from hangers) just for fun and some unexplainable behavior of the coat hanger rods started happening. Just for fun, I put a whole bunch of random silverplated and silver tablewear out, and it got a reaction. Just to make sure I wasn't somehow doing it, I had my wife hide a silver Morgan for me to attempt to find. Again, it guided me to it. I took it out into the woods, and it guided me right to some sort of old piece of iron clear across the creek and then another 150 yards or so. Brought me right to it. IDK the significance of the piece of iron "tool?", but it lead me to find it. I really don't understand it, but I think there's something legitimate behind them.

Also, not sure if you're from Georgia, but I have been doing some pretty extensive research of treasures in Alabama and Georgia. I'm only one man, and sometimes your perspective and life experiences can hinder your thought process. It would be nice to partner up with somebody and really start getting after some of these. I have also found what I believe to be Spanish symbols here in GA believe it or not. That is a lead that I will definitely be pursuing!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I'm 100% Pennsylvanian .

As for the story , Could be the same one from 2 Different sources.
But so Many Treasures Out there. I just wonder when I'll find one :laughing7:

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Well I just looked into another treasure legend involving a cave with gold bars, and coincidently it's right in the area that these possible Spanish markings are at. Looks like I'll be doing some more digging. I wish all these treasure hunting books either weren't so expensive or had a free PDF version. I'm always hesitant on the books because I believe some authors to change/leave out info, and develop their own maps so they make money from the books and direct others away from the treasures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Well I just looked into another treasure legend involving a cave with gold bars, and coincidently it's right in the area that these possible Spanish markings are at. Looks like I'll be doing some more digging. I wish all these treasure hunting books either weren't so expensive or had a free PDF version. I'm always hesitant on the books because I believe some authors to change/leave out info, and develop their own maps so they make money from the books and direct others away from the treasures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Though I doubt they Worry about Giving info away,
I believe their Main intent is just to make Money selling Books.
and the less detail on each Treasure lead the More Treasure Leads they can include.

I don't think they Make things up Either.
They just figure Give a Starting point and Let anyone interested do their own research.

Trouble is, at this point, I doubt they are doing Like I am.
and Research through News Sources.

My guess most Treasure Lead Writers Buy Treasure Lead Books that out there already,
And just copy in slightly different Words.

If you ever looked Close, you can forget what they call Ghost Towns.
I know for My area Every Ghost town I see listed in The books, Still Exist & Are Still Growing.

Only exception Post offices no Longer exist .

They apparently look at 19th Century Postal Records
and compare 21st Century Postal Records. and if the Post office is Gone they think the town is gone :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread