Confederate Treasure; Washington, Wilkes County , GA 1885.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Savannah morning news. [volume] (Savannah), 03 Nov. 1885.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=4

Zippidy~Do~Daa

Aug 24, 2019
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They sure knew how to write articles back then. What an interesting era. I hope you continue to post these jeff of pa. I sure love reading them:)

Ammonite

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a Georgia native I am really loving this series of threads! Thank you so much for taking the time to post these! As an amateur rockhound and brand-new treasure hunting enthusiast, I'm wondering if there is a database of old maps available online? (other than the LOC) Any advice?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Normally Type in the name of a State, County , City or Township I am interested in than add the Words Historical Atlas

& Search.

Example from My area
Dauphin county historical Atlas

Gets me This

000hjk.jpg

You could Also Try map geeks Not sure what all they Have

halo71

Jun 4, 2020
Lincolnton, GA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Lincoln County, GA. off of Graball road. Which at that time was part of Wilkes County (Washington, GA) Very close to the Chenault plantation where the gold was supposedly stolen. I recently found info on a book written about the lost gold. Found it on Amazon. The name of the book is "Graball Road". Very interesting read. A good bit of it I have heard before over the years. And somethings I'd never heard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread