• zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 988

KevinBoise

Dec 18, 2013
Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there any maps showing where this road was located? i would like to look into this. I live in Boise ID. OR any documents of where he was actually found along the Boise river?

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree kevin, would also like to see maps if there are any.
thanks

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there any maps showing where this road was located? i would like to look into this. I live in Boise ID. OR any documents of where he was actually found along the Boise river?

I would too! I'm in Mountain Home.

stewfox

Greenie
Feb 7, 2014
Boise, Id
Detector(s) used
Wish I had one. Too broke to get one atm.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Boise, id love to get in on this, though I wonder if this is a hoax, I grew up in boise and have spent my teenage years and young adult life reading about lost this and that and this is the first I have heard anything about this so im curious about this, and its a hell of a lot closer then the spanish cave in southeastern idaho. So I say we find this, use the findings to buy better gear and then go find the spanish cave. Lol ;) oh how I yearn for adventure. Pm me and friend me if youd like to talk more, maybe plan an adventure, oh I am prior usaf so I bring some learnt skills to the table, on top of it my mom works in the botany department for Idaho fish and game, im sure I can get access to topography maps and other maps as ive discussed this with her before and received email links regarding mines in a certain area I was looking for. :) hope to hear from you. -Stewfox.

Last edited:

stewfox

Greenie
Feb 7, 2014
Boise, Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only really caught on to the robbery that took place at 0330, but that was a mile and a half south of boise if I remember reading that right, how ever the 50k that was talked about in your above picture says the robbery took place 6 miles north of boise city, so what's 6 miles north of boise now? And it needs to be noted that he escaped to the south side of the river with the gold, now id imagine 50k in gold is pretty damn heavy, even more so when wounded, so if I were a wounded robber with a heavy ass sack of gold id be hiding it asap as soon as I was well out of sight, now they said they found him a few hours later dead on a sand bar, they didnt say there was any gold wih him so there fore he hid it before he reached the sand bar on the boise river, a few hours is a long time to be walking wounded, so my theory here is that the guy either buried it in the bank of the river where it was easy to dig as soon as he reached it or, he tossed it into a badger hole or something of the sorts... what we need to do here is locate 6 miles north of 1883 boise on the south side of the river. Thatd be the place to start, so lets start with figuring out where 1883 boise was. Im sure where the robbery happened has since been built over, and more then likely where he met the river has something built on it, so that leaves us with few options on where it could be buried, im sure my mom has something on old boise, she has books for days on idahos history, also we can try the library for old city maps and newspapers, doubt they will have anythng from 1883 but you never know.

Last edited:

stewfox

Greenie
Feb 7, 2014
Boise, Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_of_St._John_the_Evangelist_(Boise,_Idaho)

Go into the history part of this you will read and I quote " The first Catholic church in Boise was dedicated on Christmas Eve 1870, but was destroyed in a fire 18 days later.[2]*Another frame structure was built that would serve as the cathedral of the Vicariate Apostolic of Idaho, established March 5, 1883" the building of this church is in the spring our robbery took place a few months later that summer, so the location of this vicariate apostolic church will give us a general idea of 1883 Boise.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun, and I wish you guys luck, but it will take some research.

I am always skeptical of the old "robbed something, died in a shoot-out, money was gone" stories. Fascinating tales, but even when they are true, I think a much more believable story would be more like,"under paid sheriff/posse risk their lives in a shoot-out, and divide the loot for their trouble."

Still worth checking out, good luck.

stewfox

Greenie
Feb 7, 2014
Boise, Id
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I did a bit of mapping, on assumption that they are considering 1883 Boise to be the catholic cathedral area on 8th and fort which is the north side of the river, 6 miles north puts us net to river pointe park being that rpp is on the south side of the river, unless of course there was a part of the 1883 Boise on the south side of the river. But now aday google maps isnt going to fly like the raven and make a nice straight 6 miles instead its going all over the place , so my thought is between bsu and river pointe park qlong the green belt. But hes right more then likely its a broke sheriff and deputy who would have found it some how and used it their own selves, im just making a joke but I think sheriff simplot picked up back in the day and handed the fortune down. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread