jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Salt Lake herald-Republican. (Salt Lake City, Utah), 29 Nov. 1909.

000aaa.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=192

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Should be interesting to research and see if it developed into anything big.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've spent a lot of time in the Bruneau country of Idaho....if there's gold there, I've never seen it. There were some minor gold strikes on the Bruneau in northern Nevada near Rowland...the Gold Basin Mining District, but they never amounted to much. That is some really rough and remote country....not for the faint-hearted.
Jim

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Bruneau country, as it was called a century ago, has been know for sporadic, but rich, pockets of gold. A few working mines did spring up from Rowland to Jarbridge, on both sides of the border. Most shut down within a decade when the veins pinched out. Others, including many of the mines near Jarbridge, lasted longer, but were shut down during WWII.

Based on my limited study of the area, I believe that modern exploration techniques could open up the area once again. I seem to remember that some limited drilling was done a few decades ago near Rowland, but I do not know what the results were, or who completed the work.

Too late for more coffee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions