Some Idaho treasure

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
File: LT19891142

Highlighted Summary: ... money’s location. So, somewhere east of present day Steelville, there is a small fortune in English coins that has been buried for over 200 years. Q Do you have any information on a lost mercury mine on Ruby Mountain in Idaho? Richard Purdue, Boise. A During the gold rush days, there was an urgent need for quicksilver to be used in mining operations in the area of Warren, Idaho. This requirement was met by a group of Chinese who sold the miners large amounts of quicksilver from a secret ...
File: LT19890451
Summary:
Highlighted Summary: ... by Jack Cubit, printed in 1968.1 have given a condensed version. A miner named Curtis had a fairly rich placer mine near Burgdorf in Idaho County. His cabin was lo-cated about 14 miles out of Burgdorf on a flat bench east of an old trail to Boise. His son died during a cold winter and was bur-ied close to the cabin. When Curtis went to San Francisco, an old Indian guarded the property for him. The Indian looked for the source of Curtis’ gold and found it in a spring near the cabin. Peculiarly ...
File: LT19880532
Summary: By Michael Paul Henson From page 32 of the May 1988 issue of Lost Treasure magazine. The story of the burial started in 1804 when seven Frenchmen and one Spanish guide stopped at a spring on their way to New Orleans and were told by four mountain men, bound for Taos, New Mexico Territory, that the United States had bought the Louisiana Territory. A seven-page story with map on this fabulous cache was written by Tom Bailed and printed in the magazine, True Western Adventures, in August, 1959...
Highlighted Summary: ... to bury the gold which consisted of 500 bars, each weighing seven pounds and worth over $2 million at that time. The site is at Flag Spring, close to the old Santa Fe Trail in Cimarron City, and in the area of Sugar Loaf Peak. Several location stones were found on the Cy Strong ranch near Boise City and the hoard is believed to be buried nearby. A seven-page story with map on this fabulous cache was written by Tom Bailed and printed in the magazine, True Western Adventures, in August, 1959 ...

File: LT20000828

Highlighted Summary: ... coins which he buried in a tin box near his cabin on the old Neal Ranch six miles from Grangeville. There is not much doubt that prospector turned tavern owner David Levy had a cache. When workmen were putting a new sidewalk in near his house in Boise, he had them lift a section of it so he could retrieve a pot of gold he had hidden underneath. When Levy was murdered in 1902, no gold or other money was found in his estate. Townsfolk speculated that Levy had moved his cache out to Rocky Canyon ...

File: LT19990861

Highlighted Summary: ... possession and stated that it had been hastily buried in Stage Gulch near the robbery site. Stage Gulch is a long canyon that paralleled old Highway 30 (now 1-84) a few miles to the north. It used to be the main freight and traffic road from the Boise and Baker gold fields to the Columbia River. The gold has been searched for over the years, but to the best of anyone’s knowledge it has never been found. The story of William Bennett and a cache of $20,000 in gold coins is an intriguing one. He ...

File: LT19951253

Highlighted Summary: ... throwing away the flour and flake gold. Frank L. Wall, East Pittsburgh, Pa. A: My research tells me that the dredge operated until about the mid-1940s. But it, like the town of Centerville, never really flourished. The area around Centerville in Boise County is known to have some of the richest gold-bearing streams in America. This too is an excellent place to hunt for relics, pan gold and generally treasure hunt. Old cabins with their many individual caches are routinely turned up here by the ...

File: LT19750108
Summary: By From page 08 of the January 1975 issue of Lost Treasure magazine. Grave robbers A recent article in the Durham Sun raises serious implications for all treasure hunters. I heard that several treasures men- tioned in his books have been found by different treasure hunters.
Highlighted Summary: ... Letters By From page 08 of the January 1975 issue of Lost Treasure magazine. Copyright © 1975, 2000 Lost Treasure, Inc. LETTERS Says he found $50,000! C. Kutac’s article, “Missing Loot Near Boise” in the July, 1974 Treasure World, was very interest- ing. This may be the same loot I found in December, 1972. I found about $50,000 in gold coins in marshland while working on a con- struction job. I believe many of the treasures you write about have been found and not reported because of the ...

stewfox

Greenie
Feb 7, 2014
Boise, Id
Detector(s) used
Wish I had one. Too broke to get one atm.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just commenting on this for a later read of it all. Thanks for the info. Happy Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions