i live in southern illinois and i need treasure leads please

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is that I have done some extensive research all over Illinois, and probably the best places I 've found are in So. IL. It is as easy as "Googling" it and spending some time researching.

Research, research, and research is about all the advice I can give to you. Take this time during the winter months to do your research. I don't want to seem like an a**hole, but I doubt anyone that has put their heart and tears into studying and researching areas is just going to tell you where to go and dig.

Look through old maps, especially sites such as historicaerials.com, or other sites.
"Google" "History of "such and such town" and you'll be surprised with the results.
If you don't want to go to the library and research through some old maps, books or newspapers, the internet is just as easy.
Once you get an idea of how to research and hunt some areas, I'm sure others will invite you to some of their sites. Just remember to return the favor at some point. :wink:

If you need any more help, I am willing to "Guide" you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

BADWOLF

Oct 29, 2008
Mount Vernon, IL.
I'm out of Mt. Vernon. Have done 20+ years of research. Know a lot of favorable sites, as well as, been to them. Just never swung a detector on site. I'm trying to get a newer detector, but funds are hard to come by. Your area is limited, but I do know of some stories that I'm going to check out this summer. The internet is a good research tool, but books and people are better.

I do read the TN a lot, I just choose not to post much. Southern Illinois has a very old and rich past, if you know where to look. Much more than the northern part of the state. No offense, of course, to any northerners.

PM me if you want to talk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread