Transient with Lot of Cash

kc7rad

Nov 13, 2005
Maybe someone there can look into this...

Was looking through my notes yesterday and came across a semi-substantiated story (you may know how those work out) about a transient who fell very ill. While preparing to take him to hospital, it was discovered his jacket was stuffed with money. Most accounts say he had nearly $100K cash (although if true, it was likely less). Reportedly he told those trying to help him that there was more buried in the woods. He died shortly thereafter. This supposedly happened in the late 60's or 70's in New Boston, IL.

Searching for records about this on-line is near impossible. Maybe this is a good one for someone local there.

-Ken

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read a story in the SF Chronicle about a similar situation, but without the part of "more buried in the woods." I recall a story about a homeless guy who was taken to the hospital where he later died. As the doctors were removing his clothes, they noticed bills sticking out of his jacket. At the end of it all, they found nearly $100,000 in cash stuffed in his jacket. I recall reading the story in the paper maybe 10 years ago or so.

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
kc7rad said:
Maybe someone there can look into this...

Was looking through my notes yesterday and came across a semi-substantiated story (you may know how those work out) about a transient who fell very ill. While preparing to take him to hospital, it was discovered his jacket was stuffed with money. Most accounts say he had nearly $100K cash (although if true, it was likely less). Reportedly he told those trying to help him that there was more buried in the woods. He died shortly thereafter. This supposedly happened in the late 60's or 70's in New Boston, IL.

Searching for records about this on-line is near impossible. Maybe this is a good one for someone local there.

-Ken
New Boston here i come.............. HH :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions