Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone checks this spot out...let me know what you find....thanks Soup

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soupie said:
If anyone checks this spot out...let me know what you find....thanks Soup

I will look to see if i can find anything out about this site and see if it is possible to md there. This is at least a 5 hour drive for me from where i am.

OP
OP
S

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There were 89 men guarding this bridge.....from Company A Chicago Zouaves commanded by a captain Hayden

There were also men from Company B Chicago Zouaves,One section of Capt Smith's light artillery,and a section of Capt Houghtailings Ottawa light artillery...

There were sent there after rumours of an attempt to burn the bridge had been received..

Here is a link to the 2003 Jackson county plat book....Might still be the same land owners....top left (NWest corner) of section 33 is the site.....

http://www.historicmapworks.com/Map/US/288147/De+Soto+T8S+R1W/Jackson+County+2003/Illinois/

Last edited:

Chadd

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live too far from there, and get down that way a few times a year. Next time I am in the area I will try to find out some info on the land.

There were 89 men guarding this bridge.....from Company A Chicago Zouaves commanded by a captain Hayden

There were also men from Company B Chicago Zouaves,One section of Capt Smith's light artillery,and a section of Capt Houghtailings Ottawa light artillery...

There were sent there after rumours of an attempt to burn the bridge had been received..

Here is a link to the 2003 Jackson county plat book....Might still be the same land owners....top left (NWest corner) of section 33 is the site.....

Historic Map: De Soto T8S-R1W, Atlas: Jackson County 2003, Illinois - Historic Map Works, Residential Genealogy ?

bmelvin20

Mar 11, 2013
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live about 20 minutes from there. I am waitin to buy a at pro them ill hit the spot if I can get permission.

OP
OP
S

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just let me know what you find....ANd good luck Soup

dgreen6701

Greenie
Aug 11, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 705
discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went there wed with my brother there beans in the field right now but went along the river found nothing but junk from all the fishing and the railroad nearby hoping to go back in about a couple of weeks

OP
OP
S

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its there somewhere....update on the future outings when you can...thanks Soup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread