jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • Turner County herald. (Hurley, Dakota [S.D.]), 26 Nov. 1896.

1.jpg

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/l...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
Did a little more research on this one. I think I have the location down to ~20 acres, mostly farm field today. Anyone from Carroll or Howard county have any interest?

Hill Frank lost gold 1896 copy.JPG

Last edited:

Legacy X

Aug 11, 2021
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I love these types of leads. Just to many out there so most are lost to history. Pre metal detector even better. Only type of cache lead I like more are the ones where they find some of the buried gold soon after the death. Because in that situation if you can find the property your not looking on land that might have a cache. Your looking on land that did have a cache. Just think how many on these types of properties they couldn't find it all. This can keep a man up at night :).

Here is an example. This site is on my summer list. Have already found both mentioned properties on plats from the time period and can't wait to go see if old Harvey might have hidden something they could not find! DanvilleGoldS3.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love these types of leads. Just to many out there so most are lost to history. Pre metal detector even better. Only type of cache lead I like more are the ones where they find some of the buried gold soon after the death. Because in that situation if you can find the property your not looking on land that might have a cache. Your looking on land that did have a cache. Just think how many on these types of properties they couldn't find it all. This can keep a man up at night :).

Here is an example. This site is on my summer list. Have already found both mentioned properties on plats from the time period and can't wait to go see if old Harvey might have hidden something they could not find!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 000planted.jpg
    000planted.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 66

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
There is already a thread for the Robert Harvey treasure in this forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread