The Legend Of Belle Gunness : Extreme Treasure Hunting site.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ole Belle is all over the local papers today.

Case is being looked back into to determine once and for all if it was her headless corpse found in that grave.

Time will tell, maybe?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Gunness info. I received the following e-mail yesterday, and am very excited.
-MM-

Hi, Doug,
Bruce Johnson at the LaPorte County Historical Society provided me with your contact information. You sent an e-mail to the Historical Society last September, in which you described some memorabilia that you have in your collection. I was interested to read that Charles Pahrman was your great grandfather.

I am a forensic anthropologist in Indianapolis. My team and I from the University of Indianapolis Archeology and Forensics Laboratory have re-opened the case for a modern forensic investigation. In November we exhumed the disputed remains of Belle from the cemetery in Chicago. DNA testing is currently underway.

Last Saturday I gave a public lecture at the Civic Auditorium in LaPorte, to update the community on the status of our work. It was very well-received, and was covered on the front page of the Herald Argus on Monday. Our work has also received front page coverage in the Chicago Tribune, the Indianapolis Star, USA Today, etc.

My research into this case has blossomed into a book for a general audience. As part of my investigation into the archival materials, I would be very interested to see your memorabilia. Some of it may duplicate what's also in the LaPorte museum collection, but I suspect you have some materials that are unique as well.

Is there a way we can get together? Do you visit Indiana? Do you have the memorabilia scanned onto your computer, so that it could be copied for my review? I would certainly give proper attribution and acknowledgment in the book.

Charles Pahrman's description of the inside of Belle's house was quite valuable to me in describing the scene. He played a key role in understanding how Belle operated her farm.

Thank you for any assistance you might be able to give.

Best regards,
Andi Simmons, J.D., M.S.
Indianapolis

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
junior967 said:
That is way to cool..... I read a book about her years ago.... So what are you going to do?

She wants me to scan what I have and send it to her to look over. Not only will she be doing a book, but has some contacts for a possible future movie on Gunness. Now that would be cool. :thumbsup:
-MM-

HOOSIERau

Jan 5, 2011
IN
Anybody know what the results were on the DNA ?
Did she die there or not ?
I live very close and will detect there this spring.

Jpenziol

Jan 31, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I live in Laporte and just got into metal detecting. I appreciate this thread. I hit the fairgrounds my first time out and found some coins so I must be doing something right! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread