jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Topeka state journal. (Topeka, Kan.), 16 March 1896.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg
000eee.jpg

The Topeka state journal. (Topeka, Kan.) 1892-1980, March 16, 1896, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

massey631

Apr 25, 2022
I think if the Dowrey hasn't been found yet you have't follow the guys behavior to understand where he buried it. This man is only one of hundreds of men that frugally did this in the 1800's throughout the state of Kansas. I think he would enclose the money somewhere near his house on land. If he buried it it would be in a safe hideing place where he would only know of it's existence. Human Behavior tells you that he kept it in a safe place soo it could not be damaged or found by someone. A rock capsle or water proof void is possible where he probably buried it.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My great Grandpa was a moonshiner in KS, my grandma would bury the jars and money in the yard w/o my GGrandpa's knowledge as a legal firewall of sorts. When a customer would arrive at the door, she'd go dig up the jars and make the sale!

massey631

Apr 25, 2022
Soo who else has got Gold Coins and Gold Bars on their minds looking for a new Treasure Legend to go find? I've gotta let the Cat out of the Bag here. Do all you guys know that there is a Metal Detector now that can scan an area of nearly 2 miles in a radius from the Scanner??? Yeah. There is new Detectors now that can scan a long ways from a distance to find Gold Coins and Gold Bars and anything Gold. I bought mine from Germany and it costed me $4,500 dollars and it works great. Now listen guys this scanner really works. I've taken it to Southern Arizona and it's hit on a few places up in the mountains where there was a few Treasure Legends. To get up there though your going to need a helicopter bc of the high places the gold is hidden in. This Scanner that I own is great. Look into one. They'll find you alot of gold if you buy one. Some are expensive soo look online for them.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soo who else has got Gold Coins and Gold Bars on their minds looking for a new Treasure Legend to go find? I've gotta let the Cat out of the Bag here. Do all you guys know that there is a Metal Detector now that can scan an area of nearly 2 miles in a radius from the Scanner??? Yeah. There is new Detectors now that can scan a long ways from a distance to find Gold Coins and Gold Bars and anything Gold. I bought mine from Germany and it costed me $4,500 dollars and it works great. Now listen guys this scanner really works. I've taken it to Southern Arizona and it's hit on a few places up in the mountains where there was a few Treasure Legends. To get up there though your going to need a helicopter bc of the high places the gold is hidden in. This Scanner that I own is great. Look into one. They'll find you alot of gold if you buy one. Some are expensive soo look online for them.
Cool story bro. Do you have some pictures of your detector you can post?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It,s no telling how much money and stuff is buried around the U.S. Old folks didn,t trust banks and sometimes not each other either.How much knowledge was taken to the grave concerning this? I believe it,s still out there,but good luck finding it!

mragasajo

Aug 2, 2022
I think if the Dowrey hasn't been found yet you have't follow the guys behavior to understand where he buried it. This man is only one of hundreds of men that frugally did this in the 1800's throughout the state of Kansas. I think he would enclose the money somewhere near his house on land. If he buried it it would be in a safe hideing place where he would only know of it's existence. Human Behavior tells you that he kept it in a safe place soo it could not be damaged or found by someone. A rock capsle or water proof void is possible where he probably buried it.
Cool story bro. Do you have some pictures of your detector you can post?
Hello massey631, Pls send the name and model of that detector through my email: [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread