Jayhawker hideout and possible treasure!

RichHistory

Sep 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been researching the Jayhawkers of Louisiana for about 3 years. I heard a story about a man who was told that the Jayhawkers, probably the Mermantau gang, I say this because of the way the story was relayed to me. They were about to cross the Calcasieu river and sent some scouts forward, they returned and told that the Cavalry was on the other side, the Jayawkers then buried there items and took off supposedly getting into a skirmish and some were captured some got away.. Anyways I live about 4 miles from this crossing and figured since the Calky as I like to call it is less than a mile behind here. So i went into the woods trusty probe in hand and damn near killed myself lol, also caught poison oak so bad I thought i was going to die lol not really but damn near. So i figured I better get me some better knowledge on things. Well that led me to reasearching all kinds of things. I could go on and on about the history and legends just in this small area, but I found out that sometimes history is worth more than one could think so I started a YouTube channel called Rich History and have been shooting scenes/ranting and raving for about 4 months. Iasking some older people around here about if they knew any Jayhawker storys. Well lo and behold the last person I ever thought (my aunt) had what looks to me like a rough draft of a detailed Jayhawker Incident that I had never heard of and I have found plenty. I have omited names and places for now. But I will surely share it soon. Thank You all for reading. BTW I am a ametuer at some of this stuff as Im sure most of you can tell so constructive critisism is welcome.

Attachments

• 1445404219947.jpg
    1445404219947.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 652
OP
OP
R

RichHistory

Sep 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I have omited names and places for obvious reasons but in no way am I trying to take credit from original author thats the main reason the authors name is omited but the credit will go to that person when time is right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread