Lincecum Grant Parish Louisianna

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Latitude: 31.703N
Longitude: -92.401W

Lincecum on RR, 5 miles S Georgetown, once a bustling sawmill town. A party of successful California miners returning to the East was attacked by Indians near Lincecum. The large store of gold was buried when they feared a second attack, hoping to return for it later. The group, however never returned and the gold was never recovered. One source places the value of this treasure at $5 million.

This house, located just south of Georgetown on US 165,was an artist painting of former home owners homestead

Attachments

• Lincecum Home.jpg
    Lincecum Home.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 767

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Gypsyheart, Thanks for the post. I live close to this area. My hunting partners and I would love to check this site out. We do have the proper detecting\digging equipment for such an adventure. Can you provide any additional information, or provide your source? We do not hunt on private land without permission, and we will pay a finders fee for positive information. Please fill free to email or private message me. Thanks.

MrMorph

Aug 16, 2007
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70
That sounds cool, I wish I lived just a little closer to Georgetown, 2 hours is just a bit far for me at this time. Good luck though.

Know of anything more north on 165?

digginla.

Greenie
Mar 4, 2013
jena, la
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 350
Bounty hunter fast tracker 2
Whites classic 3 sl
Garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting