$500,000 Farmer Hoard Found In Montgomery County

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've read posts of people saying buried treasure doesn't exist. I'm with them, buried treasure stories are just fairy tales.
Hey wait just a dog gone minute ................. what's this?

a Rabbitt.jpg

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told this story by a gentleman who was witness to this. They failed to mention they used metal detectorists to find the containers. I always wondered if this story he told me was true, I guess it is. Oh by the way, he also stated that they were looking for 5 milk containers. They figured there was only three and a oil barrel totaling four containers and not 5. He said he always felt there were in fact a total of 5 containers and that was based on the fact that there were any containers at all to be found. If that were in fact true then the 5 containers had to be true as well. So where is the 5th container?

Furthermore this man was who turned me onto metal detecting 15 years ago.

OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was told this story by a gentleman who was witness to this. They failed to mention they used metal detectorists to find the containers. I always wondered if this story he told me was true, I guess it is. Oh by the way, he also stated that they were looking for 5 milk containers. They figured there was only three and a oil barrel totaling four containers and not 5. He said he always felt there were in fact a total of 5 containers and that was based on the fact that there were any containers at all to be found. If that were in fact true then the 5 containers had to be true as well. So where is the 5th container?

Furthermore this man was who turned me onto metal detecting 15 years ago.

Hmmmmmm. one still there maybe???

And you're right they did use metal detectors. I have another article that mentioned that. So this was no "accidental" find. These people knew what they were lookin for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread