jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Montana post. (Virginia City, Montana Territory [i.e. Mont.]), 29 Dec. 1866.

000bbb.jpg

The Montana post. (Virginia City, Montana Territory [i.e. Mont.]) 1864-1869, December 29, 1866, Page 7, Image 7 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maryland has a lot of gold. That area is mostly under Federal land, so it's a no go. There is gold scattered along the east ridge of the Appalachians...and under my house!

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met a fellow a while back during a cave project on a property had had interest in. We got on the subject of gold. He was from Frederick County or somewhere close. I told him that he was in an area known for gold production in the past, albeit the production was small. I asked him if he has a well. He said he did. I asked him if it had a filter system. And he said yes. I asked him if he ever examined what minerals were being filtered out and he said yes. He said it appeared to have gold flakes and never thought anything about it. I told him had better take a closer look, it may be gold. He said he was going to look again. I have not spoke with him since.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread