Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2004
    5 times

Bolton, Ma. Farm Cache

I'm doing some preliminary research on the Bolton cache in the old well. However, I want to be sure this is for real, not fabricated by a treasure magazine author for one month's magazine, such as the Follensby cache. U.S. census records don't confirm the existence of the source of this tale, one Henry Haggman, of Boston. Can anyone add anything of interest. I have come to believe that, due to the lack of internet, radio and television, back in the 1800's, story telling was a major passtime. Nothing makes a better story than one of lost love and hidden fortune. So, before I waste too much time, I'm looking for confirmation from someone. Thanks.

us
    Oct 2003
    Central MA
    Minelab XS-2a Pro, Etrac, Excal II
    3 times

Re: Bolton, Ma. Farm Cache

I live nearby and know some residents. Never heard of any legend. Willing to research and ask some questions if you can provide more info.

cje
    us
    Apr 2009
    clinton ma
    minelab sovereign xs

are you referring to the legend of gold coins being hidden in a well?

Dec 2004
    5 times

Sorry for delay in responding fellas. This story was revealed by the noted author, Edward Rowe Snow, who was himself a successful treasure hunter. He unsuccessfully tried to track this one down. Yes, this is the box of gold coins valued at the time at $50k. Intrigue behind story makes it suspect. But, since it's within driving distance, I'm looking at it.

us
    Sep 2011
    Leominster, MA
    Whites XLT
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by GaBnn3
    Sorry for delay in responding fellas. This story was revealed by the noted author, Edward Rowe Snow, who was himself a successful treasure hunter. He unsuccessfully tried to track this one down. Yes, this is the box of gold coins valued at the time at $50k. Intrigue behind story makes it suspect. But, since it's within driving distance, I'm looking at it.
    I recall doing a little research on this one. The catch was supposedly near the intersection of 117 and Route 495. Many have searched for the well, however, one needs a two box or very deep detector. I am close by as well, but there is a lot of land there and it may possibly be buried under the 495 highway. Contact me if you would like to work together on this one.

Dec 2004
    5 times
    Hi kneo. Yes, I'd be willing to pool our knowledge and see where it leads. It seems to me that the buried under 495 idea is just speculation because 495 was not there at the time the treasure was buried. But, no one knows where the specific farm was located. Of all the tales I looked at this one is the most vague and clueless. I understand how Edward Rowe Snow hit a deadend. BTW I have a White TM808.

Sponsors