Pirate Treasure story- cape cod- My hunt

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the early 1800 Arture doanne witnessed the burying of a chest on the beach at north Chatham. After the hiders sailed away in their small boat,Doane dug up the chest and found it filled with leather bags containing gold and silver coins. Over the next 45 years,he sold an estimate $60,000 of the coins. On his deathbed, he confessed to a close friend that the remainer of the treasure was reburied in a sand dune on the beach near Chatham. But when a friend went to the site,he found it changd due to a great storm and the treasure was never relocated. It is believed that $25,000 in gold coins remain in the chest today. I got two major clues from people while metal detecting on this story. Doanne was meeting his girlfriend that night. I know where they both lived and have all the clues I hopefull will need. Jut need to go pick it up. Ha Ha I'm hoping to drift detect underwater for about a 1/8 mile wide by 1/2 mile long. Arture had a Tailor friend who went to N.Y. so as to get rid of the gold coins. You don't want alot of gold coins in the area you found the treasure at. Crazy that I might have to wait on searching until I can find time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread