Another treasure tale I ran across accidently in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
...This I read in the "Porcupine Press";a tabloid-size magazine that pertains to life in the U.P....... There was this hermit that supposedly lived in the Big Bay area north of Marquette;and found a deposit of gold on some guy's land that lived down in Detroit;around the early 1900's-He supposedly got ahold of the guy,and tried to get a 50/50 split goin.The guy from Detroit said somethin like"IF ITS ON MY LAND;WHY WOULD IT SHARE IT WITH YOU??".....The guy that found it said "FINE-its all yours;come and find it!!!"....So the story goes;he went up there and didnt find a flake of it....This story was in the 1/10 issue of the P.Press.....

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
The landowner should have thrown in with him. If it proved true, then simply prosecute him for trespassing. BAMMM! That would have taught the dirty potlicker for "stealing" from another's land. :icon_pirat:
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread