Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Diggit

Thread: "Buried,lost treasure in Michigan",by Thomas P. Terry,I think the name is...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2003
    Brown City,Michigan
    Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
    4 times

"Buried,lost treasure in Michigan",by Thomas P. Terry,I think the name is...

...I wonder how many of them fables are accurate??I have that one, and in there is a story in there about how the soldiers buried a payroll of gold/silver coins somewhere inside the fort at FORT MICHILIMACKINAW,up in Mackinaw City,during chief Pontiac's uprising,in the 1700's.After supposedly burying it;all the whites were killed;and the fort burned by the Indians....A few years ago,I brought this story up to one of the college archaeologists that was there while they were doin a historical dig there-She said she felt it was "extremely unlikely" that they had ANYTHING like that to bury-That was the end of civilization for them,and nowhere to spend it if they had it.AND I THINK THIS WAY-If I had an Indian after me back then that was gonna plant a tomahawk in the back of my head;the LAST thing on my mind would be to bury ANYHING..."Hold on a minute- let me bury this payroll before ya do me in".......
    "May the force be with you"........

us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    I also think this is unlikely.

Treasure legends are MOSTLY (there are a FEW exceptions) started by "missing money" stories that are in reality a cover for somebody STEALING it or the result of inaccurate information getting altered to make the reteller appear more "interesting."
    MichiganMan likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors