Dans michigan treasure stories......New thread :)

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
OK, I have noticed there hasn't been any new posts here in quite a while, I do quite a bit of research and have a lot of nice little things like this tucked away in my computer so I figured I would start sharing some of these especially the ones that are quite far away......to the cache hunters in this group I would just like to say, I spend a lot of hours and am very creative at finding this stuff, so.....if you should happen to see this and feel like persuing the lead...I will help you find additional info, I am not going to post everything I find and track down on these stories. This lead itself is a very good one as it gives an exact location and a direct name, those of you that know what your doing should have no trouble tracking down an address and gps coordinates... for those of you that aren't as computer savvy, if you email me i might be able to provide a bit more info....
just remember where you get the stuff if you dig up a nice pile of something

I would also like to add if anyone has a story and can't seem to find any info in it , I may be willing to do research if its a joint hunt....

heres the first of many to come..........

Dantheman

added "miser burned to death date news story feb 12 1909

Attachments

• miser.jpg
    miser.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,732

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
This is EXACTLY the kind of lead people should be following up on. Now ... just need the date, huh Dan?

Might need to follow up on whether his death was a confirmed homicide, too.

OP
OP
xdanthemanx

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
Muskegan

OK, heres the next one i am going to give up an exact location on this one also, I posted this clip previously on several sites, but I did not give the rest of the information, first off this story is legit as I have located every name in the story on the us census, I also located the site on an 1877 series plat map of the area and it matches the description perfectly as well, I have altered the picture from google earth to outline the property that was owned by boyce at the the time.
coordinates 43°14'22.58"N 86°13'58.29"W this whole area would be a good location for someone with some free time that lives close....

lucky hunting..... DTM

Attachments

• muskegan.jpg
    muskegan.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 964
  • ryerson creek area.jpg
    ryerson creek area.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 1,148

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post Dan! very cool. To far for me over here in SE MICH. but hope someone goes after it and posts what they find. :headbang:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
That looks way to specific for someone not to follow up on, Dan. Neat post, and I hope you find it before someone else does.

Have you done any follow-up for both brothers? Seems like it would be an excellent possibility of caches for both.

tsabeach

Oct 30, 2008
West MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, XTERRA 50
Thanks for the post Dan. That's in a pretty rough area in Muskegon. I may check it out, but I don't want to be jumped for gold coins!! Sadly a bunch of great spots in Muskegon are kinda off limits for safety reasons.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dan,
Dowsing has revealed gold and silver coin caches associated with Ted Boyce in the areas of the white circles.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• ryerson creek areadowsed.jpg
    ryerson creek areadowsed.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 1,017

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xdanthemanx said:
I wonder if anyone is seriously looking at these stories, kinda makes me not want to waste my time....
I hope to see more from you regarding your research. I don't mind photo dowsing any post but
that is the only serious look I can give right now unless someone wants to make arrangements to meet with me on site for a field check. I'm not sure if anyone has gone out there, maybe they have and don't want to say anything......I can understand that.
Jon

OP
OP
xdanthemanx

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
Hey Jon,

Do you remember that other one we talked about a while back and were trying to get a hold of the owner, it had to do with the phillips story and I had located the 2 pieces of property, if you still have the stuff i sent you i wouyld love to have you send a copy back to me, i lost a computer a few months ago and i had most of my research backed up , but im missing a few things, that is another one i would love to re-inevestigate and try to get access to again.... I dont want to post that one just yet, id like to arrange a field trip and the perfect conditions are alomost upon us....

As for the complete story, research and pictures posted above.......... Just for giggles re douse the picture and see if you get the same results or less........

"I BElieve"

Dan

May 7, 2012
Muskegon MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett sea Hunter 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm enjoying your research, keep up the great work!
I have been to the ryerson creek area. Alot of minerals in the ground and water. My detector goes nuts out there. But still looking. Gives me something to do besides work all the time :tongue3:

anobis

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi evryone,
I live in Royal oak,Michigan,I want to join any of you for hunting this treasure.
I have ACE350 and whites TM808 which is very good for cach hunting.
also any idea where i can hunt in Michigan.

naldarn

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting info. I am in mid michigan, but with the summer holidays, may make it around the state.

sturrat

Mar 30, 2012
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked out this location today. Dressed in camo so the hoodlums couldint see me. It was like a minefield, holes everywhere but i was able to find some historicall items i dug up.

BobbysFace

Greenie
Dec 7, 2012
Muskegon/Fruiptort
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story Dan. That's a great lead. It'd be awesome to find some of that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xdanthemanx

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
stay tuned, im dusting off all my stuff getting my detector out and opening my research books, im sorting through the stories and am going to post a few here soon.
dan

BobbysFace

Greenie
Dec 7, 2012
Muskegon/Fruiptort
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad and I have been out a few times around Muskegon area already. Finding some cool stuff nothing of value just cool. I found a 1938 mercury dime which was my first so hoping to find more.

megnpat

Apr 30, 2013
bellaire MI
Detector(s) used
somethin with a round thing on it ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish i lived closer i would def check this out nothin i love better then history

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread