ben purnell and the house of david

lilpixie

May 5, 2007
Hi I just wanted to post this story I heard about this man named ben purnell who toook over the house of david and didnt allow his followers to own anything he kept everything and I read that there is a legend of treasure posssibly 1 million.Just curious if anyone else had heard this or went searching?May be something for you southwestern ganders to look into.Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Where abouts in Michigan did this take place? Jim

OP
OP
L

lilpixie

May 5, 2007
It was on the southwestern side of mi if you type ben purnell and the house of daivd it will come up when you search

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LoL i called these people there still in existence, they laughed at me when i ask for permission but wanted me to vist and join,maybe that how i can search but here is the tale its said to be worth over 10 million and years ago king ben said to have burried it to one of his wifes. she said she seen pales of gold and silver bales of cash. he hid hit before going to jail on satutory rape 3 counts. i have pics of the house its huge and have a picture of him looks like a metalica fan from the 80s. call em and ask tell them you give them a %. its in berrian county Has to be outside the house though, if he didnt want anyone to have it he had lots of people in his house living there

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The House of David also owned property up north on Beaver Island and it's said that Ben Purnell hid the loot up there. They also operated an amusement park in Benton Harbor for a long time. I don't know where it was though.

Beaver Island has a history of stuff like this though. Practically every treasure hunter in Michigan knows about King Jesse James Strang who had a Mormon colony there in the mid-1800s. Legend has it that that bunch hid gold on Beaver Island too.

Of course Beaver Island is off-limits to metal detecting, or so I heard......figures.

HH,
SgtSki

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
I went to a flea market a few years ago and a guy there had all kinds of items from this house of david Id never heard of it until then he had buttons postcards pamphlets and even a hat of some sort looked like a shrine circus type hat and alot of pictures

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Went there as a kid, they had an amusement park with a live steam engine you could ride on... over in the St Joseph Benton Harbor area area if I remember corectly....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread