Just another story?

Karinus

Jan 5, 2008
Morrison Co. MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT
Hi. Im new to this forum and have been reading quite a few posts, stories and 'best finds' so I thought I would tell this story. I grew up in the Cuyuna Iron range, which was no place to grow up, but at that time the 2 main industries were of course, the Iron mines and Scorpion snowmobile corp. The company has since folded but before that happened I heard a story from at least 2 people who worked there- that in the mid to late sixties the company was having some difficulties so for what ever reason upper management decided to make an entire tractor-trailor full of bubblehoods (1966 bubblehood/stinger sleds, I believe?) disapear. The story goes that this entire trailor was buried somewhere out of Crosby, and the insurance money was collected. When I asked more questions they got tight lipped real fast. Just a story? Who knows- just thought I would tell it.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
If I remember right that was a rumor going around, I don't know if it's correct, but , I do know that the snowmobile had about a 107 M.P.H. top speed from the factory. I think the gov. made them pull them from the market, to many deaths attributed to the high speed.

K

Kentucky Kache

Wow, it wouldn't take a very big coil to pick up that. ;D
Welcome to the forum.

HuntMN

Dec 10, 2007
MN
Detector(s) used
White's
That is very interesting, I haven't heard that one before. I'm sure there's some truth behind it.

toadspaghetti

Dec 19, 2014
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am acquainted with Glen Gutzman and Dick Harrison. Next time I see either one I will ask... I doubt this is true though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions