Stage coach robbery north of Little Falls?

HuntMN

Dec 10, 2007
MN
Detector(s) used
White's
I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with a stage coach robbery that happened around the turn of the century? From what I've heard, it happened somewhere between Browerville and Cushing. The story goes that a group of outlaws robbed a stage coach that was loaded with gold bars, but it was too heavy for them to carry (even with horses), so they supposedly buried it somewhere between Browerville and Cushing or threw it in a lake. Apparently sometime in the 1960's or 70's people went fanatic and tore up all of the land in that area looking for the gold bars, but no one has ever found anything. Anybody else here familiar with this old legend?

Karinus

Jan 5, 2008
Morrison Co. MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT
Ive never heard of that one. Might have to take a trip to the Historical society to learn more about it. Im suprised that some farmer hasn't hooked into that pile of gold with a plow.

redfox33

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2007
I don't know much about that one but i do know about one in SE Minnesota that was never found cause the ones who burried it were killed in the shootout.

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live near browerville , and will be taking the route from there to cushing this weekend. there is a main road between the two with a group of lakes near the road. Did a stagecoach run the same as the road?? checking it out. if anyone has an old road or trail map give this a shout. Plat Book???

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Sorry never heard of the story. But it's worth some investigating. I'm researching the Dan Patch railroad days right now looking for more history on the Lakevile area.

Good luck.

Twin Diggers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread