Biloxi/DIberville Treasure

airmanhelm

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biloxi/D'Iberville Treasure

My grandpal told me many stories of what he believes was something valuable he found. The area was picked to be searched by him an some of his friends in the 80's when he was into metal detecting. Supposedly the stories that I heard was that it was big and about the size of a small chest. From what I gathered they were not suppose to be where they were at. They took a metal rod and stuck it in the ground hitting what appeared to be metal. While all of this was going on it had started raining. They had started to dig and the rain got worse. Soon after one of his friends began to have a heart attack. They left and have not been back sense. I was once shown the spot a long long time ago and I am unsure of it but I am pretty sure my father knows exactly where it is at. If I remember another problem is that it is under the roots of a big oak tree which is now on private property and a family cemetery. If anyone can make sense of this please respond. This area is extremely close to the water. Thanks

Gecopeland

Nov 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandpal told me many stories of what he believes was something valuable he found. The area was picked to be searched by him an some of his friends in the 80's when he was into metal detecting. Supposedly the stories that I heard was that it was big and about the size of a small chest. From what I gathered they were not suppose to be where they were at. They took a metal rod and stuck it in the ground hitting what appeared to be metal. While all of this was going on it had started raining. They had started to dig and the rain got worse. Soon after one of his friends began to have a heart attack. They left and have not been back sense. I was once shown the spot a long long time ago and I am unsure of it but I am pretty sure my father knows exactly where it is at. If I remember another problem is that it is under the roots of a big oak tree which is now on private property and a family cemetery. If anyone can make sense of this please respond. This area is extremely close to the water. Thanks

It sounds like you're describing Moran Cemetery in D'iberville(center of Biloxi) on the back bay.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have permission I would say go for it but most people think it is disrespectful to detect in a cemetery. Aside from that some nutty person is liable to think you're a grave robber. I never hunt cemeteries just out of respect. I did have permission to hunt a civil war cemetery once but didn't get as much as a beep.

I just wish i knew some good places to hunt around here

BoneBag07

Greenie
Aug 11, 2017
Gulfport
Detector(s) used
Looking for my first detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is Tim, and I am wanting to get into metal detecting. I have tried to google laws and regulations about detecting on the gulf coast of MS but am confused. Where am I allowed to detect. Can I detect in state parks or public parks? What about forests? I am a member of a Masonic lodge and wanted to detect around the premesis but am not sure if that is allowed. I would of course ask permission from the lodge officials. Do I need any other permission? Are there any areas you recommend I start? Any other advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Tim S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread