jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Topeka state journal. (Topeka, Kan.), 07 Jan. 1899.

000aaa.jpg

The Topeka state journal. (Topeka, Kan.) 1892-1980, January 07, 1899, LAST EDITION, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found it in writing.......But Local legend has it that Jessie James came through Ohio, And hung out in a place called Rouge's Hollow...I did have "kind of temporary permission" to detect in a couple spots. There are coins there from the early 1900's. I won't give exact location. I found 9 within about 10 min.Newest was a 1911 wheat. and didn't leave a 10 ft strip. They are there!!! And I don't believe anyone has found them all... If someone does a little research they will see why they are there and where they are at. Get permission though!!!!!!

I haven't been able to get back there to detect in years since I moved to GA, so I'll pass it along. There are all kinds of rumors or legends for that area...There is also a known "speak easy". There were counterfeiters etc...It was a Gang type hang out and a rough place years, and years ago... Some of the legend is true!! The ghost train is not true..:laughing7: It's a bunch of people through the years passing along how to make the crossing guards go up and down and a light. I know...I helped with that in my younger years...:laughing7: A wire, and a flashlight, and you have a "ghost train".

I just thought I would throw it here in case someone looks up Jessie James trying to search out places. It is an awesome hidden place for someone to get permission and look around. I can Promise there are old coins there if you spend the time and a little research of where money was exchanged!!

Weird Ohio

I might have put this in the wrong place JeffofPA....:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions