New book out

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I don't pay to advertise, but do put a few tidbits on treasure up for folks who enjoy such things. This March to start the tourist season out at the western heritage museum in Billings Montana, they will be carrying 2 volumes I have written on the treasure stories and legends on what is known as the treasure state. I think there will be 7 more installments to cover the whole state. Then I plan to move on with Wyoming.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
It was a labor of love, all stories that provided details of the terrain involved had a color topographic map included. Course they were written in my own words and are not like what has been coming out on the market in the past years, which were repeats of penfield's work.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I had known Thomas P Terry back in Wisconsin and read his works almost 20 years prior to getting my first metal detector. His in search of treasure volumes 1-5 and enjoyed those , it was like being on the hunt with him.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
His treasure atlas series for the u.s. was composed of brief leads, which made me want to find the rest of the details. And where did he get all this info prior to the internet? It seemed that Penfield had covered much of what Terry had but a decade or more earlier the 1970's. This brought up the question where is all this coming from?

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Years back I was very active on this site, since I left I was staying active but stopped metal detecting and turned my energy to research. I wanted to take the treasure stories/treasure atlas idea of Terry's to the next level.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
For those in Montana and have seen Back Roads of Montana on PBS, my books are sort of like that. I cover an old treasure story, and even the versions some have, add background historical details around the location that pertain to the story, and if I see flaws with the story I mention them too. Example is the boot of gold at Cooke city, a well known tale. In that one was the years of the miners attacked and when the region was opened up to whites, there's a problem.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I currently have one metal detecting book out, and eight other titles.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Today my books on lost treasure were picked up by what could result in a bunch of copies in the long haul. The gift shop at Billings Logan International Airport placed their first order.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I've been out to Montana about 30+ times in the last 35 yrs. When I go out again (Late May), I'll pick up your books when I go through Billings....they sound good.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
If you fly into Billings the gift shop should have them, they placed an order yesterday. According to them every section I do on the state they will carry. I need to contact Bozeman and the others. Billings gets over 422,000 thru it a year. So I hope to see them move.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the Kindle version of the Lost Treasures of Montana "Yellowstone Country" and "Custer Country". Enjoyed both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
More places are picking up my books now. Soon to release the third in the series.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The third in the series is out in kindle, have the proof copy to look over and once I approve that it will be availible in paperback. Picking up quite a few places to carry them. Museum gift shops seem to be no problem. Combining the old lost treasure stories and legends with local history in regional tourist books are something that has never been done before. Since Feburary when I landed the first location i sold enough copies to pay for the vacation that I am on currently. I logged in today and got BK's phone number and plan to swing by his place and give him a copy of my metal detecting book. catch ya all next time...

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the Wisconsin vacation went well, got in some detecting even. Landed the biggest location for my treasure books, placed their order this morning. Wall Drugs S.D.!

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The third book in the series is out. Proof reading book 4 and book 5 is coming along. Might have a company to distribute them all over, checking contract out.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Soon number 4 is to be released. This one is 388 pages.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Work underway on number 5 of the series. Interesting what can be found. An odd tale about a buired treasure near a tree with Plummers name carved in it, for several years nothing turned up. We have found the source an old newspaper article from 1914. Found by wood cutters, piece of tree donated to museum at Dillon, Mt.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Much as I like past authors efforts there are errors to catch. Terry's listing for Glacier county where two cowboys sell cattle and bury the money near Blackfoot. Was not there, it happened near Blackfoot city. Thorpe and Splawn names are correct, two articles out there, includes run in with Boone Helm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread