The Missing Gold of the Little Bighorn

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Travel Channel "Lost Gold," airs Feb 4th, 5th, and 12th.

Josh and Jesse journey to Montana to track the steamship of famed captain Grant Marsh, who rescued wounded soldiers from the Battle of the Little Bighorn and possibly left behind a buried cache of gold.

This is about the Far West, and the freighters who entrusted Marsh with a large sum of gold due to the region was swarming with hostiles. Allegedly it was buried prior to taking the wounded down river in order to save their lives. Hope folks watch and post their thoughts and views on the show. If they didn't edit me out I am in it.

fordfather

Greenie
Dec 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot that doesn't add up in the story provided by the TV show. Why would a freighter pack gold from the Virginia City area to Bismarck, through hostile Native territory? Most gold shipments went south to Salt Lake City. How would a freighter know there was an "unpublished" military expedition? It doesn't make any sense to me.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
They sent me a copy of the show, I never watched it yet. I am sure the producers modified history. The best source of the intended version of events is in my book.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I was surprised they wanted to do this one, it would not have been my first choice. I would have selected the Point of Rocks story, two caches within a couple of miles from Billings. Hidden stolen money (1904) and stage coach loot (1885). Old Signal line would claim it didn't happen but we included the newspaper articles to validate their out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread