Lost cave of Gold - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Lost cave of Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
    1074 times

Re: Lost cave of Gold

Hey panning man…I have not been up there again. I will go up there this summer. Here are a couple of Cord. for up there….39 25.550n….118 14.395w Road 39 25.474n…118 14.529w…..Rock
    39 25.478n….118 14.661w….closed cave
    Anyone that wants to go up there is more than welcome. Lots of different tunnels with gold in them…Art

davin likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    Idaho
    Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
    158 times

Hey Art sounds like a good place to go look. I don`t have a GPS yet can you recommend one that doesn`t take a college degree to run?

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1074 times

Hey Nvradar…I use a Magellan exporist…The older GPS were a lot easier to use and came with good instructions…I went to the Magellan web site and downloaded the full instructions…Made it a lot easier to set up……Art
    davin likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    Idaho
    158 times

I guess you get what you pay for?? Spendy?

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1074 times

It depends on what you want…..All I need is an instrument that will get me close…I also like some thing that has a good go-to indicator….i don’t need one with a bunch of junk maps and all the other bells and whistles….Just something that gives me good readings so I can put them into Google Earth…Art
    davin likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    Idaho
    158 times

That sounds propper.I guess what you really need is to find your way in and where you found it and get out with the gold.I will have to do some book work on these things,been wanting one for quite a while now.Thanks Art. NVRADAR

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1074 times

I can take a GPS reading when I find a spot I want go back to…I can bring up a Google Earth map with this GPS reading….I can then tilt the map so I can see how steep the terrain is…I can see the gullies and all that stuff so I can plan the easiest way in the next time….I don’t know about you but when I go into a new area it seems I always go in the hard way and out a harder way…Art
    davin likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    Idaho
    158 times

Well for me I believe when you take the road less traveled you are going to find more and better things.Course you don`t want to get somewhere you can`t get out of. So Art I took down those GPS cords you gave for the tunnels with gold readings do you think there could be some gold in them yet that is gettable??Are they safe to enter? NVRADAR

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1074 times

Hey NVRDAR..I parked at 39 25.550n 118 14.395 and walked up the sands wash…When you go around the second bend there is a cave that runs along the road for about 2 !/2 miles…Up a little bit more is where the closed entrance is…..This cave system seems to be a different system than the one along the road…It is in broken in pieces over a large area with the possibility of more opening.

The second spot you park is at 39 26.307n 118 14.395w….Up that gully there is a spot where the top of the cave is only 1 ½ foot deep. Just before it gets to this spot the cave splits into 4 caves. 3 of them cross the road and go up the mountain on the other side. These 3 may have open entrances…The other one goes on up and looks like it ends at an old mine….

There I a lot of gold in the area…I doubt if I will every mine it and my kids are not interested so some of you can go and have at it….It was a good place to ride around and look at a bunch of fallen down buildings and the Navy bomb sites…Be careful on that road….If you spin your tires and break through the top 3 inches there is nothing under there but loose sand…Art
    davin likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    Idaho
    158 times

Thanks for the cords Art.I will check them out in the spring if it ever gets here. Is permission needed to go there since you say it`s Naval property? NVRADAR

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1074 times

There were no restrictions last time I was there..I heard they were talking about restriction…It is pretty neat to set out there and watch those Jets doing Electronic Bombing runs on some of those sites…. Art

us
    Dec 2009
    Idaho
    158 times

Yes it is I have watched lots of times on my way to deer hunting camp.Have a few cool vids of bombing runs.Love it!!

us
    Feb 2008
    N. Nevada
    Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
    120 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hey Art,
    Thanks for the Co-Ordinates. Might have to take a trip out there when the snow melts. Just a little FYI for that area. The Fallon NAS range is South of Hwy.50 next to the "Fairview" district. That canyon you listed is a few miles north of 50 in the south end of Dixie Valley (BLM?). Across the valley to the NE is the old ghost town of "Wonder". A silver town from the late 1800,s.
    The Dixie Valley is very thermally active with hot springs and Geothermal power plants. The area was heavily prospected in the late 1800,s due to the proximity of other lode finds nearby.

The article stated the cave was NW of Sand Mountain. I did a little exploring out that way a few years ago digging up some Banded Rhyolite north of Green Mountain and found a pretty good size mine shaft there. It might have been a Rockhounders hole or the Highgrade was removed as there was nothing but the Rhyolite in the tailings.

HH
    Steve

davin likes this.

us
    The Watcher

Apr 2004
    Northern Nevada
    1074 times

The article stated the cave was NW of Sand Mountain. I did a little exploring out that way a few years ago digging up some Banded Rhyolite north of Green Mountain and found a pretty good size mine shaft there. It might have been a Rockhounders hole or the Highgrade was removed as there was nothing but the Rhyolite in the tailings.
    Hey Steve….I Dowsed a map of the area NW of Sand Mountain and did not find Hank Knights mine….I expanded the map and found it NE of Sand Mountain…I can not say for sure that this is his mine but the caves are there..Art

us
    Dec 2009
    Idaho
    158 times

One way to find out!!!! NVRADAR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links