Lost cave of Gold

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys if you really want to find Gold or whatever you can't be stupid about it and just keep going out to the same places time after time. IF you have lead follow it, if its bunk walk away. I see lots of new guys making this mistake many times. Most of the time doing your homework will net you finds that is more than half the battle even before you charge the batteries and head out. Gotta have a plan always. Hope you all have a great holiday, I am head to Florida for my winter of course with my V3I in luggage :-) Have some civil war hunts setup for Georgia and Alabama that we are excited about. Bottom line just have fun.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The start of the thread appears to be much like many other listings in various books. The way to go about looking into this is tracking the story back in time in old newspapers. Once you find the oldest one in print often times you will see how things got twisted over the years. Make to effort to disprove something before spending time on site. Someone mentioned placing it in their BS list, that could be where it ends up.

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"gold" caves :-)

Totally right its 80% research on this stuff. You really can knock off lots of these stories by just doing proper research so you never even leave the office and waste your time and money on any of it. As far as this story its bunk as for the area the org posters talk about. But of course feel free to go out and visit. There are much more better opportunities that play out in the historical research than this one. Trouble is lots of folks are very lazy and never really dig deep enough and do things systematically in order to stay on target. Taking someone ones word that there is "gold" at a set coordinate in a internet forum? Thats the first big red flag. Nobody is that friendly. Again would you share your "gold" with the world on the internet? Not even Bernie Sanders would do that LOL... Best of luck hunting my friends.

The start of the thread appears to be much like many other listings in various books. The way to go about looking into this is tracking the story back in time in old newspapers. Once you find the oldest one in print often times you will see how things got twisted over the years. Make to effort to disprove something before spending time on site. Someone mentioned placing it in their BS list, that could be where it ends up.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple years ago we traveled the main road from Vegas to Big Bear Calif.That entire area is Loaded w/caves.You could spend 10 lifetimes and never hit the cave twice:occasion14:

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup you are right about that
Its all in the research period. If you cant back things up with concrete information then your spinning your wheels. All these so called treasure books with 100s of stories are mostly that just stories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread