captain kidd Treasure in cape may

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
I think that there is some truth to the stories but, I cant find any thing. Even on the map that was "found" saying it was in Del haven. I have been looking for any info about pirates in cape may but no luck. I heard about a treasure from a pirate named bevis or something but no evedance. I need some help or some more things to look for down here in cape may

OP
OP
erik12152003

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
thank you, but see no hard evidence or ideas where to start to look or even start to research

fyrfighter17

Feb 24, 2007
Essington,Pa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some articles on pirate history and see no mention of a pirate named Bevis....however,during the hayday of the Caribbean,there was an English settlement called Bevis that was plundered several times by pirates...

I visit the cape a few times a year maybe we'll bump into each other
good luck

OP
OP
erik12152003

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
May be we can get a hunt together some time if I can find a good spot to start. We have been looking around down here for something good. If you have anything that will help would be great. Thanks

JChambers

Mar 25, 2007
New Jersey
Check out the local name Hand...Cpt. Kidd's first mate was a hand and used to visit his family in the Court House area secretly...

OP
OP
erik12152003

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
lol funny very funny jchambers why tell me then post it too funny you loook into that and let me know what you find lol

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
i know of a story of pirates treasure that was buried near indian river,i am trying to find the roads of yesteryear because of the dirt road it was near the irver.

OP
OP
erik12152003

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
I have been looking all over for info about the cape may county and I have heard of some stuff around there but, I try to keep it close there is to much history here that has been lost in time. If you ever need a hand in research or looking let me know I am getting good at this stuff. I feel I am close to a nice find :o but I cant say when.

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
Captain Kidd is said to have buried a large share of loot near the mouth of Mullica River or in the vicinity of Oyster Creek, just south of Long Beach.i am in if you need help would love to locate this treasure.

OP
OP
erik12152003

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
gold do you have anything to back this up if so pm me. and I will gladly help with the research. Even if it is small, I love the adventure

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to decipher between fact and folklore. I recently went to Cedar Street in Highlands on reports of gold coins washing on the beaches well beach doesnt exist no more. Between Beach erosion and modern construction its harder and harder to find landmarks

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldeagle said:
Captain Kidd is said to have buried a large share of loot near the mouth of Mullica River or in the vicinity of Oyster Creek, just south of Long Beach.i am in if you need help would love to locate this treasure.

There are NJ State reports of gold found near the mouth of the mullica.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread