wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
a website says it is legal to treasure hunt in new mexico but you must inform the blm of where so they can asses the area. I emailed the blm with my request but they say it is illegal to treasure hunt not only on blm land but national forest land as well.

does anyone know what the laws are regarding treasure hunting in new mexico ?

I know wyoming allows treasure hunting as long as it does not affect existing structures and previous claims.

Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...If you want to hunt treasure in New Mexico on BLM or National Forest land, etc. , just don't tell anybody that you are hunting for treasure. Oh, and IF you happen to find treasure
while you are out hiking or whatever.....DON'T tell anyone! ::) If you are looking for someone to help you look...I am always available to help look for treasure!
evans233

Attachments

• Turtle.jpg
    Turtle.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,015

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
evans233 said:
Well...If you want to hunt treasure in New Mexico on BLM or National Forest land, etc. , just don't tell anybody that you are hunting for treasure. Oh, and IF you happen to find treasure
while you are out hiking or whatever.....DON'T tell anyone! ::) If you are looking for someone to help you look...I am always available to help look for treasure!
evans233

Good advice, e. Nice turtle. Many other nice carvings near it.

Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turtle/ Snake Pictoglyph

Snake turtle-1.JPG I don't remember exactly where or how to get to the Turtle pictoglyph as shown above. If I remember anything, it seems like it is near Bayard,NM or Santa Rita?
The Turtle with 7 dots on its back is left of th snake pictoglyph.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I don't remember exactly where or how to get to the Turtle pictoglyph as shown above. If I remember anything, it seems like it is near Bayard,NM or Santa Rita?
The Turtle with 7 dots on its back is left of th snake pictoglyph.

These carvings are at Pony Hills (BLM cultural site), northeast of Deming, NM, at 32deg26'42"n, 107deg43'45"w. There are many other carvings there, but these are towards the south end of the top of the hill.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Oh for pete's sake, you're not "looking for a treasure trove"! Since when is a mercury or barber or seated dime a "treasure trove"? For pete's sake, you're just looking for the boyscout ring your dad lost when he was a kid out there .... right? I mean, sheesk, did you plan on wearing neon orange, and waltzing over archie's beach blankets at their convention?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread