• zzc.jpg
    zzc.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,268
  • zzd.jpg
    zzd.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,231
E

El Chato

I live in Las Cruces and know people who were in the ONFP. The Victorio Peak story was my first interest as a THer, used to come to treasurenet a few years ago. As far as the Padre La Rue story, my determination is that Victorio peak is La Rue's mine and is the Seven cities of Cibola, one in the same and is pointless in continuing to check because it is on Military Res.

-David.

Shecker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2007
I knew of some people who found the burned and buried remains a mission site in the Caballo Mountains, somewhere in the north end of of the mountains. There were placers on the west side of the Caballo Mt's that very rich in gold, ranging as much as 10 ounces a yard on bedrock. The mineralogy of the Caballo Mt's has yet to be fully explored. On the east side of the Caballo Mt's was the infamous "Hernada Del Muerta" or journey of death, where there have been many incredible finds (like Victoria Peak -- which the Army got) because the Spanish were dumping their gold and silver and church relics to flee the Indians at the time of the Pueblo revolt.

I have heard a story (do not know of it's authenticity) that back in the 1920's a Mexican man and his two sons were hunting deer in the Caballo Mt's. He told his two sons to go up canyon and flush out a deer. He sat down to wait but suddenly the ground where he was sitting shifted and he fell into a cave (there are many caves in that area). In the cave were hundreds of bars of gold and silver stacked like cord wood. A sinister voice out of the darkness said "Take it all or take nothing." Being a superstitious man he fled from the cave and never returned. Who knows? Gold and silver bars have been found in the Caballo Mt's.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Shecker said:
... I have heard a story (do not know of it's authenticity) that back in the 1920's a Mexican man and his two sons were hunting deer in the Caballo Mt's. He told his two sons to go up canyon and flush out a deer. He sat down to wait but suddenly the ground where he was sitting shifted and he fell into a cave (there are many caves in that area). In the cave were hundreds of bars of gold and silver stacked like cord wood. A sinister voice out of the darkness said "Take it all or take nothing." Being a superstitious man he fled from the cave and never returned. Who knows? Gold and silver bars have been found in the Caballo Mt's.

Very interesting because ca 1985 I was told of a similar admonition written on a leather 'Spanish map' to a cave located in the Silver City area. The map contained the words 'todos o nada' which means 'all or nothing'. These two cave stories may somehow be connected.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sent a package on cabellas mt and victorias peak a guy send it to me from new mexico i have som uch to look through but for one thing ill be there before i die and the army has open the site to mine dector's before i have news clippings lots of junck from 1917 to 1990 i do know it said to be over 475 million or more wotrh of flourite depostes in a claim near there goverment denied him jan 1990 need to check out the military apporation act in 1989 may help i think. goodbye from freezing michigan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread