Anybody ever try to find the "lost train"?

Drogo

May 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supposedly sometime in the 19th Century a locomotive and its cars were buried by a flash flood somewhere between Hill and Radium Springs. Indeed, there is even a road facetiously named "Sunken Train Place" near Fort Selden.

I've just started becoming interested in this subject, so I haven't done much research.

Has anybody here ever tried to find the buried train?

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of that "legend", and I lived right behind Fort Seldon for 7 years... The ruins were literally 100 feet outside my front door...

My little yard was littered with busted glass and pottery shards. My land lords had a lot bigger yard and they found all kinds of good stuff, intact bottles,
cannon balls (I have one of them somewhere), bits of old guns, buttons, and even an old key ring with 14 keys on it.

As for Sunken Train Place, I drove by there at least 1000 times and never thought twice about it, even helped a friend pick up a TV on that road...

Are there any articles or anything you've found online? Where did you hear about it?

I love this area... Every time I think I know the history, and every interesting little fact, something new pops up that I had never heard of...
I'm from New England, and there is a lot of history there, but its all paved over... Out here its right in front of your face, and you can still go see it,
or on occasion, find a little bit of it.

And just for fun, my best pottery shard from my yard..
2561075043_1cbbc4b0f9_o.jpg

NMChris

Dec 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Las Cruces all my life and I've read at least two historical accounts of the buried train. Sorry but I can't remember the exact books. I'm convinced that the buried train exists, but considering the flash floods here, it could be 20 feet deep in sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions