lost adams ?

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
got this map from my bro in law about 25 yrs ago while he was guard at florence az. prison. he got it from a lifer that finally died in prison
The man was working on a ranch in the area hiding out from the law in the forties,said he went down on a rope to the cave with the gold but was afraid to recover it all because of his wanted status.

Attachments

• img039.jpg
    img039.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 2,230

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
We'll find out,
Doc & I will be a few miles south of here in May
We'll drive up and hike in & take a few photos of it :icon_profileleft:
We'll we glad to "POST" them for all to see
Except for the gold.. ::)
That!
We'll keep Quiet About! :tongue3:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
It's Apache Box - N32deg56', W108deg59'. People have pushed this location as the Lost Adams Diggings for years. Trouble is, there's no placer gold there.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
from wpa

The first time I saw Mr. Brock I was riding behind my father to camp. Father said "Son, here comes some one with a large gun." It was in the winter, and was very cold. Father asked Mr. Brock to return to camp with us, which he did. He had been to our camp, but left as we didn't return to camp early. Mr. Brock said: "I killed a deer up here and you can have it if you will go get it as it is too far for me to carry to my camp. "The next morning we went with Mr. Brock to where the deer was, and a wildcat had been there. Mr. Brock remarked that he just as well have his skin as anyone else, and left. That afternoon father and I were cleaning out a slue when one of us happened to look up and saw Mr. Brock standing on one of the highest peaks with the skin tied around his waist. Mr. Brock come off the side of that cliff as fleet as a deer.

Mr. Brock was raised around the Indians, and to many is very queer. One never knew when to expect him at their elbow laughing, because he scared them. At dawn he might be at your camp some five or ten miles from his camp, and at dusk thirty miles away, and he was always a foot.

Page 3 { page image }

He has a gun that is marked T. S. V. which is generally believed to belong to the Adams party. The Gold Gulch country must be where the Adams Diggings are located for Mr. Brock found the gun in a cave in the Gulch. The land markings suit the Adams discription. The mountain that resembles a womans breast can be seen. I have found several 45-70 Rim Fire shells in the Gulch, and several cradles that were made with pegs for nails. Mr. Brock used to come in with some nice nuggets and told us that he thought the Gulch was where the Adams Diggings were. He later showed us the gun that he had found with the initials carved on it.

There is a hole in the Gulch formed by water falling from a cliff in rainy weather. In this hole one can see a heart with an arrow through it and turkey tracks in the rocks. How the Indians got in the hole to carve signs is a miracle to me. The sides of the hole are slick and curve slightly. There are many cliff dwellings around the Gulch, and Pit dwellings are found all along the range of mountain

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Brock ranched about halfway between Silver City and Lordsburg. Gold Gulch was (is) a source of placer gold, but nothing like described in the LAD legend. The placer deposits 20 miles north in Pinos Altos were well-known and better producers in the LAD era (allegedly the mid-1860's).

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Does anyone know about a gentleman whose last name is "French"
He wrote a very detailed book about Adam's Lost Diggings
He (Mr French) and his wife got details on The Diggings
and then
Traveled to Arizona, where "Adams" began his trip (Stanton)
and then
Following, the information/leads, that they had gathered...

Went,
step by step, foot by foot,
and this is all written & described in the book
They went from Stanton Arizona thru the "White Mnts" over & into New Mexico
Following, what "Adams" said/described
To where they actually found the "Twin Buttes"
AND!!!!!! ;D :icon_profileright:

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hey!
GREAT! :thumbsup:
That's the Book !
Thanks! a lot
I really appericate it!
If I remember correctly, "He" lives either in
"Pie Town" or "Reserve" ?
Have you done any searching or researching into "The Lost Adams" ?

Attachments

• Jeep & Roads 1.JPG
    Jeep & Roads 1.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,212
  • Jeep & Roads 1.JPG
    Jeep & Roads 1.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,129

mjido

Aug 14, 2007
Western New Mexico
I haven't done much research on the Lost Adams other than what I have read on these forums, and of course, a few books, but actually looking for it no. I live in the general area where a lot of the searching has occurred for the Lost Adams. But like most Th'er curious about most Lts and legends.

Jim

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
You know ?
I have reread the book several times and even traced out the route(s) myself :tongue3:
Mr French has done a lot of good research :thumbsup:
He has come up with a lot of factual info
Plus,
He and his wife, have actually followed all of this out, by going out into the field
He!
Plus!
How many others have searched for the "LADs"
Including "Adams" himself !
Only to return, empty handed!
Question !!
Is there something missing in all of the search info? :icon_study:
It could be a very simple omission, a missing direction, etc. etc
Quien sabe!!! ???
But!
There is something..... :icon_scratch:
I have lived & Prospected in both Az & NM
And!
I have noticed ONE! thing that kind of asks/suggests a question ?
Anyone else see this?
Hint:
Check out the route "they" (The Adams Party) took from Arizona to The "Diggings"!

::)

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
mjido
Would you be up for a "meeting" :coffee2: :tongue3:
"Doc", my partner, and I will be in that part of NM
Doing some nugget hunting...& TH'ing...
I have a friend who has told us about an area, in western NM, where he finds
some really, nice size nuggets with his detector
I have seen/held them!
Three! quart jars full!... :tongue3:
Anyway,
We could meet and talk over some TH'ing ?

PS:
I am still driving "The Jeep", shown in post #12
Only going to have a slightly ::) rebuild & modified engine ! ;D

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
We could check out the area, of, the "map, on post #1
There's also a site, that, I'd like to check out, at the junction of the Blue & San Francisco Rivers,
OR!
Maybe, you have a site you'd like to have help on?

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
In regards to Topic # 14
I have found out that Adams was found by an Army Patrol on the Northside ? of the Gila River
Then, he was taken to Ft Apache, where he was "Doctored up!"
How did he end up WAY! Down there?

Here's "Bugs" & I

Attachments

• Jeep & Roads 1.JPG
    Jeep & Roads 1.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 928

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Ha ha. Time to muddy the waters on this topic - you know, stretch the horizons, push the envelope, start using the unused brain cells, etc. Below are a couple old posts from TN forum, way back when Bob Brewer was still posting. I don't swallow all he has to say on the KGC (although I'm anxious to see his new book, currently being written), but if you're interested in the truth of all these lost mines/hidden treasures, you need to at least consider what he's saying.

1) Lost Adam's reply to all.....
October 10, 1999 at 08:49:03

It been brought to my attention by several members of GCR that another discussion on the Lost Adam's was being waged on this forum and that my name was mentioned in connection with the story. About a year ago I replied to another message concerning this story,and explained what Golden Circle Research's team efforts have revealed on it. If memory serves me correctly some of those who visit this forum thought my reply amusing and the ramblings of some nut. True I didn't reveal all GCR has learned on the subject and won't now either, but I would like to help some of you understand the reason this story is important as a treasure lead but not but is not exactly true. The KGC used hundreds of stories similar to the Lost Adam's Tale to record the locations of treasure depositories throughout North America. These stories are fictional accounts of real situations and events, but are presented so that anyone not a member of the organization would take them literly. The facts in the stories are given as riddles or in forms of code. It is my belief that The Lost Adam's story originates from a Secret Confederate Mission carried out in 1864 by Capt. Cole Younger of Quantrel's KGC "Missouri Knights Gallant". Some of the story is related in the autobiography of Cole Younger and some in correspondence between KGC members during the 1920's. What apparently occurred is this: In about 1862 the Confederate Navy had contracted with English shipyards to build, for it, two ironclad warships. Due to the blockade of all Southern ports the ships were to be delivered to the Rebs on the West Coast. In May 1864 KGC Capt. Cole Younger and a Co. of about 300 Rebs were ordered West to CO in order to steal all the gold they could from the CO goldfield and also destroy the telegraph wires between the East and West. After raiding several places and wagon trains in CO Cole and Co. headed south down the Rio Grande to El Paso. The Rebs may have been headed for Mexico with their spoils. Here, we must remember that the KGC and the Confederacy were already making contingency plans for what they would do after the war was over and those plans included Mexico. The KGC at that time had allied with Maximillian in Mexico. Before entering Mexico the Rebs were met at the Rio Grande by a KGC agent with new orders. (Notice that this turnaround could be the origin of the Horsehead Canyon Treasure story in Texas, if the Rebs had gold that needed to be dropped because of the change of orders) This is where the Adam's story and Cole Younger's become very similar. Cole and a KGC agent, he called Kennedy, with twenty men headed for the West Coast,with wagons, possibly, carrying gold to pay for the ships. Bear in mind now, that this is happening at excatly the same year and month, August 1864, that Adam's said his expedition began. Cole relates a fight with Apaches in almost the exact region where Adams and his boys had the Indian troubles, again, at about the same time. The Indians so mauled the Rebs that the mission to the West was rerouted through Southern NM and Mexico and then by boat up the coast. Again this would put the Rebs at about the same place Brewer claimed to have arrived at after his fiasco. This goes on and on but maybe I have given you a reason to start looking at the Adam's story differently. Another point to ponder is that oral KGC waybills use code words to identify themselves as such. In both Adam's and Brewer's stories certain words are used that are highly symbolic in KGC lore. Also to explain why some of the Adam's Searchers continued to hunt this loot until their death--may be that they had some knowledge of KGC methods, and probably some of those who took up residence in the area where the loot may be, were probably KGC sentinels. At least their M. O. was very much KGC like. Some background on John Brewer, b. 1848 Owsley Co. KY, was at odds with his family over his sentiments for the South. Did not serve in either Army, but left home during the war and later settled in the Four Corners area of CO and UT, living and acting very much like a KGC Sentinel guarding a depository. John married an Indian woman, not Ute, as the story goes, but Cherokee, so research shows. Do not confuse this John with his nephew John Brewer b. 1838 also in Owsley Co. In the two accounts of the stories, recall these coincidences(?), Adam's met 20 prospectors, Cole had 20 men besides himself and Kennedy, Adams lost wagons to Indians, Cole lost at least one wagon to the Indians, Survivors of the fight from both Adam's group and Cole's showed up on the Rio Grande in NM. Near where Cole had began his mission! The Indian fight took place in Central Western NM not far from Ft. Wingate. The Ft. was in Yankee hands which is the reason most of the Rebs decided to pass it by. Adam's showed up at the Fort with a wild story which he had to tell as cover for the Reb operations. That with the one code word, that I'll repeat here,-zigzag canyon-or a lightning bolt like symbol, which has a definite KGC meaning,gives an asute researcher grounds to dig deeper into a KGC connection to the LA story. I would appreciate research data relating to the above.. Incidently the is not edited and will likely contain topos and errors, it is written off the top of my head and dates may be a little off.. Oh one more thing, the story about the Adam's party finding the gold. Everyone knows you do not find gold nuggets laying on top of sand or even mixed with sand in a stream. The gold is found on the bottom under the sand, unless somehow there were traps that caught the gold but not the sand and gravel. The story has always sounded fishy to me. Think it over!

2) Peshur or persher code

That the Knight Templar invented this code to send messages back and forth during the crusades, is the stated purpose. It is not actually a code, but a style of writing where the true message is hidden within the obvious story being told. After the KT "went to sleep", pershur was used in most of their writing. This continued right up through the early 20th century by the old Confederate Knights and is still being used today by authors wanting to record a message to those initiated and keep it secret from others who may read the story.

Many of the books about the Confederacy, old west and war history might be written in this style. If you pick up a newspaper from the 1870-1920s reporting weird or unbelievable stories, especially if they pertain to lost mines or buried treasure, they are most likely written in Pershur. Take most of the Spanish treasure tales and analyze them carefully, looking for clues and you'll come away knowing they are coded.

In order to read between the lines you must already know what you are looking for or it will just sound stupid or silly.

The Lost Adams Diggings is a prime example of Pershur. The true story is there but everyone takes it at face value. The first few lines of a later version of story, after the first newspaper mention in the 1890s introduces Gotch Ear the Mex-Ind that led them to the gold. If you are looking for the code and know that Jesse James was the Comptroller of the KGC the name would trigger you to think of JJ. Got-ch or Got yah! with the ear. Every serious JJ researcher ought to know that the Missouri Jesse James had a deformed ear. If you study a few different photos of him this is apparent. Note also that few of his photos show his right ear.

So that is Pershur. Adams had no front name was said by J. Frank Dobie in his version of the story. Of course any astute KGC researcher would know that Adams County Mississippi was the HQ of the KGC as long as Gen. John A. Quitman was alive. It was from Ft. Adams in Adams County or Natchez that the first KGC agents were sent to California at the beginning of the gold rush in 1849. Jesse Jame’s father, also a KGC agent, went to the gold fields in 1850 to join up with other KGCs already there who were establishing KGC control there. Another connection with Adams county is Jacob Waltz, the original Dutchman of AZ LD fame, he also hung out in Adams county when the KGC was getting its feet on the ground. It might interest some of you to know that the Jacob Waltz's base of operations at a time was Adamsville, AZ and that it got its name from a man named Adams that had a grist mill on the Gila. Several other KGC treasure areas are at places named Adams. It goes on and on in this and most other stories but if I continue here I'll give away my next book.

In "Shadow of the Sentinel" much pershur is explained in dealing with the Lost Dutchman. Hmmmm! Did you know there was a Dutchman with Adams? Does that make you wonder about anything? You do know the route Adams party took would have led them very close to the Superstitions. I know some of you will argue that point but if you read carefully Drago's version of the story, which is pure KGC pershur, you will see I'm right on this. I won't go so far to tell you the Adam's deal is the same as the LD, but I'll hint that they may be connected.

By the way the John Brewer in Adam's story was said to have been a 1st cousin to my GGrandfather, its no surprise since many Brewers were miners and prospectors and went to "see the elephant" in the 1850s. My family has no authenticated oral history on that John Brewer, but his nickname was supposedly Black Snake or something of the sort.

So you don't need to know any code to read these stories but you must be real familiar with KGC members, families, history, symbolism etc. The information is there but hard to decipher.
If you all are thinking by now I'm a nut... check it out for yourself and see.
By the way the book "Tomb of God" dealing with the Priory of Sion in France at Renne Le Chateau talks about Pershur as used by the KT and how it applies to certain clues found over there.

Read any of John N. Edwards books on Quantrill, Jesse James and Gen. Shelby and you will find lots of pershur.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread