OP
Amona

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Re: Dutch Schultz's treasure in Castkill

Waoooo :o :o Nobody is not searching for? or somebody found it?

Anyway, According with the NY state laws, can I detect in any creek or river banks??

(nobody respond, maybe people don't like me at all,... :-[ :-[ :-X :-\)

Amona

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Re: Dutch Schultz's treasure in Castkill

hi there, i will respond I have heard of it but never looked for it. I will travel if oyu want to try to hunt sometime.

Thanks,
Jason

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Apparently after his death the wife of Schultz' bookkeeper reported that her husband had come into some money.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People do still look for his loot to this day. The very best detectors have been used and still everyone seems to come up short. There is no hard evidence that anyone has ever found it. Some circumstantial evidence suggests that it is possible. Some evidence suggests that people have just not been looking in the right spot(s). It's the thrill of the hunt, the mystery that keeps everyone looking. Nobody knows anything for sure.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering how many saw the show and when the next one is. Another Oak Island, I believe.

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem I have with all these show that are looking into his cache and all the hunters...is that Dutch and his accomplice according to story, pulled off the road, carried the trunk in and buried the chest. I did some extensive investigating and many of these spots that people are showing on the shows, are a mile in off a road or way way back through the woods. Schultz and his accomplice were not traversing through the woods yards and yards or even a mile in to bury this chest...the weight alone for the 2 of them along with carrying a shovel would have made that impossible.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The problem I have with all these show that are looking into his cache and all the hunters...is that Dutch and his accomplice according to story, pulled off the road, carried the trunk in and buried the chest. I did some extensive investigating and many of these spots that people are showing on the shows, are a mile in off a road or way way back through the woods. Schultz and his accomplice were not traversing through the woods yards and yards or even a mile in to bury this chest...the weight alone for the 2 of them along with carrying a shovel would have made that impossible.
Haven't seen the show; when was it. Must have been a very light truck.

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you google them there are a few... Secrets of the Dead - Gangsters gold Digging for Dutch Mission Declassified - the lost treasure of dutch schultz

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for an FYI. Search the forum here. There have been threads on this topic since at least 2012 when I joined some even go back further

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Apparently the last known search were two professional treasure hunters that found gold near the spot on the Lulu's famed treasure map.
Searching for gangster Dutch Schultz's gold (nypost.com)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 10D_gold_coin.jpg
    10D_gold_coin.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 102

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the show where they "found" the coins and I feel like it was planted by them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread