Angola Train Wreck

bdabney29

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I live in Angola and my name is Brandon, I'm new to this exciting hobby and have been researching some info on the train wreck in Angola. I just wanted to see if anyone had some important info about this exciting site and just would love to help a fellow enthusiast out.

Thanks.

Dec 29, 2012
Norwalk,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, i've heard and read abou the Angola RR but have never made it up there.The Ashtabula train wreck site has alway's kept me busy and it's much closer to home! If i lived in Angola i know where i'd be! Good luck hunting there let us know what you find!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived in Angola for a few years. Right on the south side of the Congo River. Didn't hear about a train wreck.

I don't think they had any trains either for that matter...

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I was just at micky rats in evans i believe..near bennet beach.I did the beach there and landed alot of clad.The black asnd was really bad.lost alot of depth on the ctx 3030.Are you willing to share info on the train wreck?Id like to hunt that.I crossed a massive set of 4 tracks near there im wondering if thats the same line..or maybe that line is long gone..Shoot me a message if you wanna try to find this or if you alrdy have and want some company. Jim T

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
- UHG, Angola is not far from Buffalo I believe
- G.I.B, the Angola mentioned in the thread is a village/town located in NY, not the nation on the West Coast of the African continent.

Some basic general info:

Angola Horror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-TwoYewts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread