jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the same pages from this site I found doing a google search... https://cnyartifactrecovery.wordpress.com/2013/12/24/pharoahs-mt-treasure/

Yep, I Was hoping they had the Name of the Book, But if you look at the damage to the pages from old acid Paper,
He Copied the Pages from My Post for his Article. Broken off pieces are identical.

As for the story, it Could have to Do with Age, Or it could be the Name Peter Johnson is Made up.
because the original Name was unknown, Forgotten or Misspelled

also this is too detailed for my liking

000huy.jpg

000huy222.jpg

"The Boy Skipped Then ran toward the barn" ?

No one could have Known he Skipped, Then ran to the Barn to his Father, Who probably didn't see him till he was front & Center. & If he told the Story First Person,
Would he say, "I Skipped then Ran to the Barn" ? Doubtful.
My guess Never Happened.

add the detailed Conversation from 1840's ?

As for Gold Color. Brass looks gold & Tarnishes ?

Though the Find may have been real, The Dramatization is Suspect imo

I've been unable to Find it in any Paper search 1700's up, That I have access to.

But I Do believe the story did appear in a 1970's Treasure Hunting Magazine also.

but as I Said Too Detailed to be Trusted as accurate.
the Cave, Drawings & discs may be true
the story on what transpired ? ? ?

Last edited:

ThisJustin25

Nov 9, 2021
A few family members and friends of mine did a lot of hiking/camping together up in that area. I read this story back in 2007 when this thread first started. Pharoah Lake is one of our favorite spots. We all decided to look around for caves to see if there was any truth to this story. We found a promising site that had a caved in entrance. We started trying to dig it out. One of my friends suddenly stopped and held something up. It was a gold coin. We all went nuts and started digging furiously. Everyone except him, he just sat back with a big smile on his face. After about 20 minutes of frantic digging, he said hey guys, check the coin out. It was a souvenir he had bought on a trip to Boston with his wife. He had planted it as a joke. He got us good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread