Captain Kidd in Conesville NY

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently some publications such as New York Treasures and Metal Detecting Sites have some information regarding Captain Kidd hiding treasure in Conesville NY. I have not as yet been able to access these publications but wondered if anyone here has any information on that. I love mere miles from Conesville. I'm new to the Hobby and would like to follow up on this as well as Vroman's Nose, which overlooks the Schoharie Valley I live in. This was the breadbasket of the revolutionary war, and Vroman's Nose apparently served as a lookout point. This is a great place to begin the hobby since it is rich in history and captures the imagination.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0 Results were found for the search “Conesville AND AND ” and “the phrase "Captain Kidd"

0 Results were found for the search “Captain AND Kidd” and “the phrase "Schoharie Valley "

0 Results were found for the search “Captain AND Kidd” and “the phrase "Vromans Nose"

===========

792 results containing “ Captain Kidd New York” within 100 Words of each other

Search Results « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

342 results containing “the phrase " Conesville " not necessarily New York

54 results containing “the phrase "Schoharie Valley"

only 1 Result with the Phrase "Vroman's Nose"

New-York tribune. (New York [N.Y.]), 08 Nov. 1896.

1.jpg

2.jpg

read here

New-York tribune. (New York [N.Y.]) 1866-1924, November 08, 1896, Image 19 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

I hope you enjoy Research ! :laughing7:

My source if you want to Play too :laughing7:

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/s...0&searchType=advanced#tab=tab_advanced_search

Last edited:
OP
OP
jjack9977

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466896462.207120.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread