Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
    **Bring History Back to Life**

Nov 2005
    Keep on Digging!
    MINELAB Explorer-II
    21 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)

Fact or fiction .....The CW- ship called "The Marylou" sank in Cayuga lake,NY

Is it true that the ship mentioned above sank back during the Civil war transporting a chest of Gold and Silver coins in Cayuga lake? There is plenty of History in the Finger lakes region going back to the very early 1700's . Rumor has it that this ship started on fire while someone was cooking, cought fire and sank. The where abouts has been a mystery. It is the largest lake of the group ...So there is plenty of area to cover....... Now my question is ..........Is this a true story?

The Seeker
    Sometimes you need to look back to a time that made you laugh and smile!...... The memories of all the great times..... will always be there!!

Nov 2007
    Auburn New York
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Fact or fiction .....The CW- ship called "The Marylou" sank in Cayuga lake,NY

I live in Auburn and will do a bit of research on that for ya. I have never heard of it before but you never know and it couold prove to be interesting.

Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    86 times

Re: Fact or fiction .....The CW- ship called "The Marylou" sank in Cayuga lake,NY

Here is a guide to the Finger Lakes sunken boats....

I have looked into this Mary Lou story before and have found nothing...There is the Mary Bell and also on the FRONTENAC there was a passenger named Mary Lou....but nothing that I can find from the Civill War period
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links