Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fact or fiction .....The CW- ship called "The Marylou" sank in Cayuga lake,NY

Is it true that the ship mentioned above sank back during the Civil war transporting a chest of Gold and Silver coins in Cayuga lake? There is plenty of History in the Finger lakes region going back to the very early 1700's . Rumor has it that this ship started on fire while someone was cooking, cought fire and sank. The where abouts has been a mystery. It is the largest lake of the group ...So there is plenty of area to cover....... Now my question is ..........Is this a true story?

The Seeker

seeker443

Greenie
Nov 23, 2007
Auburn New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Fact or fiction .....The CW- ship called "The Marylou" sank in Cayuga lake,NY

I live in Auburn and will do a bit of research on that for ya. I have never heard of it before but you never know and it couold prove to be interesting.

Chris

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Fact or fiction .....The CW- ship called "The Marylou" sank in Cayuga lake,NY

Here is a guide to the Finger Lakes sunken boats....
http://www.flupa.org/documents/FLUPApamplet.pdf

I have looked into this Mary Lou story before and have found nothing...There is the Mary Bell and also on the FRONTENAC there was a passenger named Mary Lou....but nothing that I can find from the Civill War period

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread