any in NY?

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
if i haven't posted any in your area ms. army wife give me a few counties in your area.......gldhntr

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Cache of gold and silver coin hidden prior to the rev. war by a British torey on Money Point in Downsville NY. Do a google search on Money Point downsville NY. Good luck and HH

F

Floater

AW if your near watertown then head north to the river. That area is rich with smugglers from the 20s Rum runners and anything else. The other thing is schoharie county and the mohawk river. A large cache of silver coins was found there not to long ago and this area is considerd a real hot spot.

R

Rich

would yo have anything for Schenectady County or rotterdam NY?..... ???

rochestergirl

May 12, 2005
rochester new york
Hey floater ,

I am going up to watertown this sunday i go to the black river but what part of the river should i go to though? should i go to the part that goes throught the town or where? and if i do i just md on the bank? let me know thanks..

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
well this may not be what your looking for but... i just read today that the Kill Van Kull channel is to be dredged down to a depth of 50' and the spoils from it are going to be used to cap several different landfills in NY., seems to me that might be some interesting MD'ing, ya might just find Jimmy Hoffa or his big gold union ring ;D .

Pat.

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
the Kill Van Kull is the channel on the North side of Staten island, and the Arthur Kill is on the west side of it, i'll try to include a link that has some charts of the waters around NY...

http://www.cgedwards.com/pod/podcat1/podcat1-6.html

the other areas or channels that are also going to be dredged in the near future, include... Ambrose, Anchorage, Newark Bay, Arthur Kill, Port Jersey, and Bay ridge channels.

Pat.

rochestergirl

May 12, 2005
rochester new york
Hi again pat,
well i am here up at fort drum and have three days left im tryijng to find where to md around here.. thousand islands area do you know of any.. i know angela lives up here but she nevers answers my emails must be my blonde wig scaring her lol.. let me know pat thanks..

rochestergirl

May 12, 2005
rochester new york
hey floater yes pine camp is the old name of fort drum that site really doesnt tell me what has been on the post plus im afraid to metal on post because i might find live ammo...and plus its illegal.. im just looking for areas around me on watertown i will check the river.. and see ... anyone know angela here onpost ..i would like to ask her where she goes to hunt...

R

Rich

Theres plenty out where ya said in Upsate,Me im in the captial Region and to far from where you want info for but there should be a local historical society with info................................

Look for old French and Indian war or REV War Tales"lots of reading researching and mapping but you might find a location or 3 of hidden payrolls,family caches,and so on,.......

not to mention a fort site,battle site/skirmish site ,cannon,or more.......................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread